Just by accident, when I was searching the net for a 12" pizza stone, I found a machine that intrigued me a lot.  It's like a waffle iron with a stone base, and made by New Wave called Stone Pizza Oven.  I read every review I could find, looked at every site that had it for sale, and ended up picking one up at Best Buy on a Veteran's Day sale.  This really works for me because 90% of my pizza cooks are the small, personal size, so as much as I love pizza on the kamado, it often doesn't make much sense to burn the charcoal, go to the trouble, etc. when I don't have anything else I want to cook with the residual heat, I mean all I want is pizza!   Here are some of the first pictures of my pizza, first a traditional pepperoni with bagged cheese, and this morning for breakfast a spinach/artichoke/parm base with ham cubes.  I can hardly wait to make my next one.  More later, I'm off for the day.  I'm using my own dough with 1/2 OO flour and 1/2 AP, no sugar or oil, no knead counter rise for 6 hours, fridge overnight or as needed.

post-4468-0-91454300-1415554816_thumb.jp

post-4468-0-35670000-1415554818_thumb.jp

post-4468-0-00119600-1415554823_thumb.jp

post-4468-0-13887400-1415554824_thumb.jp

post-4468-0-74856500-1415554825_thumb.jp

Jeri - I've seen these and almost bought one.  But then I thought I'd never really use it.  I actually like the "ritual" of firing up The Beast, bringing it up to temp, heat soaking, that particular smell that comes off lump.  I generally only do pizza on Saturday evenings with a bunch of friends over.  Most of my pies are big; I feed an army.  

I'm glad you had such a great experience!  That oven looks as if it did a great job  on those pies!  Congrats on your find!   :good:

Just by accident, when I was searching the net for a 12" pizza stone, I found a machine that intrigued me a lot.  It's like a waffle iron with a stone base, and made by New Wave called Stone Pizza Oven.  I read every review I could find, looked at every site that had it for sale, and ended up picking one up at Best Buy on a Veteran's Day sale.  This really works for me because 90% of my pizza cooks are the small, personal size, so as much as I love pizza on the kamado, it often doesn't make much sense to burn the charcoal, go to the trouble, etc. when I don't have anything else I want to cook with the residual heat, I mean all I want is pizza!   Here are some of the first pictures of my pizza, first a traditional pepperoni with bagged cheese, and this morning for breakfast a spinach/artichoke/parm base with ham cubes.  I can hardly wait to make my next one.  More later, I'm off for the day.  I'm using my own dough with 1/2 OO flour and 1/2 AP, no sugar or oil, no knead counter rise for 6 hours, fridge overnight or as needed.

Dang, if you weren't so far away, it'd be *knock* *knock* *knock* "Ninja, you cooking pizza"?

Looks tasty.

I'll post a picture of my Stone Pizza Oven with a large dinner plate sitting on the stone so you can see the dimensions.  I could make a 12" pizza but couldn't eat it, so just making smaller for now.  However, from warm up to finished pizza is under 15 minutes!!!  You could cook continuous individual pizzas in the time it takes to bake one large one with this machine.  I'm planning a second pizza as soon as I finish here.  Amazon Prime is $65, and my coupon price at Best Buy was $63 + tax.  Yes, there is another model that has a removable deep dish pan and also removable stone, but I just wanted to try it out at this price for starters.  The stone is fixed, but secured by a stainless steel band that is easily accessed/loosened with 2 screws.  It has two half circle paddles to lift the pizza from the board onto the stone rather than using a peel, and that seems to work well.  Put a paddle under each side, left, and pull paddles away.  I have to say I'm excited and impressed and lying awake thinking of all the ways I can make pizza, desserts, quesadillas, etc. 

If you want more user info, let me know.

post-4468-0-00142600-1415586944_thumb.jp

Looks like a kick butt, indoor, pizza oven to me. Can't wait to see some more pizzas on it.

And yeah, if there ever is a pizza challenge this would qualify (as long as it was raw dough) IMHO anyway.

Thanks ck.  I can't believe a machine like this is giving me such good results.  I've never before achieved the crumb I'm getting on these pizzas!  Tonight I'm going to mix up some dough that has a touch of sugar and olive oil which was always my go-to dough before you all started talking pizza dough, and see how that performs.  It's easy to experiment because it's so...EASY!  Here's tonight's pizza, one of my standard pepperoni and pineapple.  Back to the test kitchen...

post-4468-0-01482800-1415592034_thumb.jp

post-4468-0-61955600-1415592035_thumb.jp

post-4468-0-75901200-1415592040_thumb.jp

@ckreef..this could be a option as well

.your pizza looks great. It looks like a perfect cook.it sure look more easy to get a pizza out in alot shorter time..considering. 1 1/2 hour wait time for the grill to come up to temp is a bit long when your stomach is nawing on your back bone

CC, you are right about having a ritual for pizza, or many kamado cooks for that matter.  There is nothing impressive or even close to ritual about this machine, it just turns out great pizza in a short time.  It's 38 degrees and blowing out, and I'm hungry for pizza but fighting the weather to get the kamado ready for a 10 minute cook doesn't make sense to me.  I'm happy, you're happy, so on we go!

There is a lot of confusing prices and descriptions for this machine on the internet, but I've narrowed it down to Amazon.  They have the New Wave Multi Pizza Maker for $109.99 that has the removable pan and stone but looks exactly the same otherwise.  Best Buy did have my model with the fixed stone in stock, but none on the shelf to look at, so it's good to know a little bit about what you're getting before you order.  The black matte looks better to me than the shiny red.  Anyway, I'm having fun trying different things, different doughs, etc.

skreef, you might enjoy this more than ck would.