KJ grill cover lost in the wind

bierdybard

Hi all,

Despite tightening the cinch as tightly as I could my Classic Joe grill cover blew off in the wind the other night, never to be seen again.

Obviously, I'm a bit frustrated as I felt I did everything I could to keep it secure on the grill, and now I need to shell out $50 for another one.

Any tips/tricks you use to keep your KJs securely covered in a windy environment?

I had the same problem, but found mine still in my yard. What I do now is, after cinching down the drawstring nice and tight, is to loop said drawstring around one of the legs on the stand a few times and then one time under itself. No issues since I started doing that.

I took the drawstring, wrapped it around one of the spindles on my deck and fastened it with a caribiner clip.  Works like a charm.  I tried tying the drawstring around the leg of the grill, didn't work too well.  Still thinking about getting a few clamps as it will blow off still, but doesn't leave the deck since it's tied to the spindle.  I'm concerned though that it will rip the drawstring out of the cover one of these times though.

I bought a Cowley Canyon cover for my Big Joe. It has straps with buckles at 2 legs so no worry about the wind. If you look close you can see a strap around the back leg.

attachicon.gifIMAG0753.jpg

That looks like a nice quality cover! Is that the one sized for the XL BGE?

No this is made for the Big Joe. The top panel that covers the dome is actually oval so it extends the seam out to the back and front to hang the skirt at the hinge and handle properly. It is narrower side to side as to hang right where the table mounts are. The skirt is also about 4 inches longer than the BGE cover. It is a new design he just started cutting. The material is very high quality solution dyed marine poly. You can email-- Hyrum@cowleycanyon.us ---to inquire. He is a great guy and really wants customer satisfaction. Tell him you saw my cover on here. He will know the cover.----- Ken Turner