Gayton81

2. philpom

philpom

3. aljoseph

aljoseph

• Similar Content

• By Pitman82
      Hello folks,

Not new to the smoking and grilling game but new to the Kamado. Set up my new Joe last night and had my first cook this morning for Mother’s Day breakfast.  

The subtle hint of wood and the unbelievable crispy ness of the pancake from the soap stone was something I had never experienced before.    The family agreed they were the best they ever had. 

Looking forward to many more cooks! 

• By Privateer
      There is a chap in the UK who sells sausages under the brand of Sosij.  I've tried a few but the cheddar and jalapeno is my favourite. Last weekend I thought that I would try making them into a Toad in the Hole (an English delicacy that should ideally fill a hole in your belly!). 

Smoked the sausages first using some apple wood. Video here - it was a breezy night! https://photos.app.goo.gl/9dJwC69D7igyxBPs8 
      They then went into a pan with some onions and beef dripping and back into the BGE to get the temperature up above 200C before adding the batter. After about 20 minutes it was done. There is a video of the almost final here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMudhLSbMS7fK8uc6. Excuse the quality. The flames got a little feisty because of the sausage fat on the platesetter. 

Served with mustard mash potatoes, braised red cabbage and a mushroom, onion and sage gravy.

Good eating! 

• By JohnnyAppetizer
      Shelter in place turkey

• By Smokingdadbbq
      If you haven't tried dry brined spatchcocked turkey before you're missing out... created a quick how to for those unfamiliar with any of the techniques.

Still working out how to make videos so appreciate your candid feedback.... but not too candid lol jk 

• By Tarnation
      1 hour in to my first turkey on the Akorn.  I let it smoke @ 250 then upped the temperature to 325 to cook and crisp. More updates to come.