Then just wait until you start making cashew butter, and almond butter....we spend more on nuts than meat these days!

I know a nut guy. ;) Wholesale/bulk nuts are more economical than commercial nut butters, even at Costco prices. Peanuts even more so.

I may also try a pizza smothie - everything that goes into the perfect pie, blended on the soup program and then poured onto a hot pizza stone. Mmmmmm. I bet they don't have that in Italy.

Apples to oranges in features and the vitamix is vastly more expensive. 

The vitamix that does the programmed buttons is $600.

Not sure why you think the two leading blenders are apples and oranges rather than simply two different types of apples. I think if you take a close look at each manufacturer's web site you won't find one brand that is "vastly more expensive" than the other.

When you are cooking and they say to throw away the cooked carrots and celery when making a broth or stew-

This is exactly what immersion blenders are for. Don't remove anything from the pot, just stick the end of the blender in and go to town.

To clear up one point about pricing… Both Vitamix and Blendtec have multiple models running the gamut in cost. Buying one brand over another is not necessarily going to save you any money. Blendtec has a $1500 blender if you need to burn some Benjamins in a hurry.

The newer models of both have computerized blending programs that change up the speed and operate with timed intervals and an overall program length, making them set and forget for many applications. Very nice features and it doesn't make it any easier to pick a product.

Apples to oranges in features and the vitamix is vastly more expensive. 

The vitamix that does the programmed buttons is $600.

Yes $600 and I have read a lot of reviews that say they just do not use that feature and wish they had the $100 back. The Vitamix is easy to use and easy to understand what to do next.

I went to a filming of a cooking show about 5 years ago in NYC and received a VM as a gift. It is a fantastic blender. About a year ago, i had it sitting on the stove and accidently melted the cord and part of the base. I called them and they sent a shipping label and had me send it in. They replaced the cord, housing and gave it a tune up. I had it back in under a week at no cost. If it ever dies on me, I will definitely buy a VM. Great Blender and really good folks to deal with at the mother ship.

I bought a Blendtec Total Classic with wildside and twister jarsnew in the box off of an add on craigslist on the 18th for 150.00. It was a white one, I called blendtec and they are exchanging it with a black unit. I pay my shipping, they pay theirs. I am a happy camper.

post-6803-0-04075700-1416620116_thumb.jp

I was going to a demo for both top brands this weekend but a buddy texted me about this. I felt like I wanted a vitamix but for the money I couldn't turn it down.---Ken

I was going to a demo for both top brands this weekend but a buddy texted me about this. I felt like I wanted a vitamix but for the money I couldn't turn it down.---Ken

i  have no doubts that you will be very satisfied with your purchase. Congratulations on a real score.