We bought a Blendtec total blender many years ago from Sams and wouldn't you know it the seal at the bottom of the unit started spewing oil out of it around the seal just after warrantee expiration. Bought a Ninja big unit and we do smoothies with frozen fruit and it just pulveries it all. We've had ours several years but then again we don't do smoothies everyday. We mainly do them in the summer. Sounds like if you plan to do smoothies everyday and go with a blendtech or ninja get the extended warrantee.

While Blendtec's new 8 year warranty is great and pretty much no questions asked, being able to rebuild a jar with a new blade assembly is another nice feature of the Vitamix for when the warranty is long gone.

We shopped Blendtech and Vitamix many years ago. The restraint my wife was tending bar at switched from Blendtech to Vitamix products. They made better Pina Coladas :)

We bought the Vitamix more than 10 years ago.

I may buy the newer one at Costco (It sure is quieter than ours) and give my old one to my son...who's blending more drinks than I do.

I just bought the Ninja Master prep with the button on top d83e8e56dd1a8ee10c61662ca6c3712f.jpg

If I blow this motor this will be my last inexpensive blender and will invest in a Vitamix

we make

Salsas

Smoothies

And lots of margaritas in the summer

Any guesses on how long the Ninja will last me?

I have blendtec and have less than a thousand cycles on mine and have gone through two jars. I don't blend anything out of the ordinary either. The bearing in the bottom of the jars suck and they go out. I also have a ninja that my wife bought on sale for ten dollars more than what a jar costs that beats the crud out of the blendtec. If you like the vitamix, go for it. I wouldn't throw my money away on a blendtec. Just my humble opinion.

I just bought the Ninja Master prep with the button on top

If I blow this motor this will be my last inexpensive blender and will invest in a Vitamix

we make

Salsas

Smoothies

And lots of margaritas in the summer

Any guesses on how long the Ninja will last me?

Jose - I thinking that blender will last about 30 minutes into Margarita Season!   :lol:

Been there, done that.  That's specifically why I have my Vitamix.

There’s one functional advantage that Vitamixes have over Blendtec blenders. The efficiency of a blender depends on how often and easily the contents of the blender get to the bottom of the container where the blades are whirring away. The shape of the container has a lot to do with this, with taller and skinnier containers being more efficient than shorter and wider containers.

Vitamix containers are taller and skinnier than Blendtec containers. This is one of the reasons that Vitamixes have been knocked for not being able to be stored underneath a wall hanging kitchen cabinet. But that’s also why the container works better.

The markings on the jars are a clue to this difference. The Vitamix container has 64 oz. marks all the way up the sides of the jar. The Blendtec jar marks only up to 32 oz., even though it can hold 64 oz. You can load a Vitamix container all the way up to the top and blend effectively. Blendtec recommends that you fill the jar 2/3 full at most.

Vitamix has come out with a shorter 64 oz. jar to make the people who want to be able to store their mixer under a cabinet happy. But it’s clear that the taller jar works better, since otherwise Vitamix would not have started with the taller jar.

Actually, in videos I've seen, though not directly comparing, the shorter Vitamix jar works better - it's not just shorter and wider, it has a bigger blade.  And the Blendtec Wildeside+ works better than the tall Vitamix jar as well (again per video evidence) at least on many blends. It also has a large 4" blade and is one of the reasons Blendtec sell jars for Vitamix.  But the Blendtec design doesn't employ a solid/locking/tight seal at the top which is why you can't overfill them apparently - the contents will push the top up/off and spray stuff everywhere.

Vitamix now also sell even smaller 32oz jars.

There’s one functional advantage that Vitamixes have over Blendtec blenders. The efficiency of a blender depends on how often and easily the contents of the blender get to the bottom of the container where the blades are whirring away. The shape of the container has a lot to do with this, with taller and skinnier containers being more efficient than shorter and wider containers.

Vitamix containers are taller and skinnier than Blendtec containers. This is one of the reasons that Vitamixes have been knocked for not being able to be stored underneath a wall hanging kitchen cabinet. But that’s also why the container works better.

The markings on the jars are a clue to this difference. The Vitamix container has 64 oz. marks all the way up the sides of the jar. The Blendtec jar marks only up to 32 oz., even though it can hold 64 oz. You can load a Vitamix container all the way up to the top and blend effectively. Blendtec recommends that you fill the jar 2/3 full at most.

Vitamix has come out with a shorter 64 oz. jar to make the people who want to be able to store their mixer under a cabinet happy. But it’s clear that the taller jar works better, since otherwise Vitamix would not have started with the taller jar.

This shape idea is the same conclusion that America's Test Kitchen came to. They were not testing the high end ones but just the average variety--but they found a bottom end where the blades came very close to the container worked much better.

I've had the Vitamixer for over 20 years.  It has a stainless steel container that is solid as the day we purchased it.  This thing is a workhorse and is still our go to blender, processor, chopper, etc.

It has a very strong motor and tough as nail hammer blade.

Can't comment on the new ones.