The Perfeck Tek Chimney Cap review

hrmbbq

After playing with the chimney cap it has just the right amount of room for the daisy wheel to fully open. Well everyone is still probably wondering why the fugly “u” shape mail box design. Well after doing various temperature cooks with the Perfect BBQ Tek Chimney Cap I quickly discovered why its shaped this way. I believe the main reason is that its design this way to allow more air flow between vent and cap to better dissipates heats from the hot gases from the ceramic cooker which means the surface of the aluminum doesn’t get scorching hot. At a cooking temp of 700 degree Fahrenheit which I held for 30 minutes the hottest spot I could find on the cap was 75 degree Fahrenheit which is quite impressive. Because I love too compared products side by side I then repeated the same test using the Smokeware Chimney Cap and this cap reached 450 degree Fahrenheit. Beer in mind that the outside ambient air temperature was approximately 50 degrees Fahrenheit while conducting all of these tests. As you can see the Perfect BBQ Tek cap is a lot safer if you actually touch the aluminum by mistake while doing temp adjustments with the upper vent cap.

I also have a nice comparison chart of the Smokeware chimney cap vs the Perfect Tek Chimney Cap on the review on my blog.

Full review can be found here:

Happy Grilling! :)

post-38-0-68606800-1416151927_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-19911600-1416151950_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-67519300-1416151967_thumb.jpg

I haven't used my daisy wheel in over a year! Was using my Smokeware chimney cap thats why she's a rust ball lol. I sanblasted it yesterday and plant to pait it today with high temp paint. :) then store it away since I have no use for my daisy wheel/cap. 

Bosco that looks like the hole for the thermometer.

As for the chimney cap, one concern I have is the sharp edge of the cap at the inner edge of the round opening. I expect that as you move this cap off and on, spun it around, have it shaking in the wind, that this sharp edge will damage the ceramic.

• 1 month later...

As for the chimney cap, one concern I have is the sharp edge of the cap at the inner edge of the round opening. I expect that as you move this cap off and on, spun it around, have it shaking in the wind, that this sharp edge will damage the ceramic.

That is a rational concern.  Care was taken to make the size of the hole sit directly under and flush with the cast-iron cap.  That's why we make a different size for the Kamado Joe lines because they have a fatter chimney.  It's made to not rattle in the wind or if bumped when reaching in to adjust the vented wheel because that would sound cheap or flimsy.  Of course the edges are all machine-smoothed also because you can't have people scratching themselves with your product. It's also just meant to be used when you need it like an umbrella.

That is a rational concern. Care was taken to make the size of the hole sit directly under and flush with the cast-iron cap. That's why we make a different size for the Kamado Joe lines because they have a fatter chimney. It's made to not rattle in the wind or if bumped when reaching in to adjust the vented wheel because that would sound cheap or flimsy. Of course the edges are all machine-smoothed also because you can't have people scratching themselves with your product. It's also just meant to be used when you need it like an umbrella.

Thanks for the response. I can't use it anyway since I have a Vision. But this concern I had was the reason I added some gasket material on the bottom of my rain cap to protect everything...

post-6186-14189408604251_thumb.jpg