Bosco's Mepmphis dry rub

Stupid question: the 1 tbsp Pepper after the chili powder is ground black pepper, right?

Yes I use coarse black pepper. If you are not into too spicy dial the chilli and pepper to a 1/2 tbsp and the cayenne to 1/2 tsp

Stupid question: the 1 tbsp Pepper after the chili powder is ground black pepper, right?

Yes I use coarse black pepper. If you are not into too spicy dial the chilli and pepper to a 1/2 tbsp and the cayenne to 1/2 tsp

***grin*** Actually, I was thinking of going the opposite way by using just chipotle instead of chili powder, and increasing the cayenne a bit. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am going to post some of my go to rubs that I have made over the past 2 years. This is my Memphis dry rub. I am sure that there are similar variations as there are only so many ways to skin a cat.

Anyways here is my pork rub that I use

Memphis Rub

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup paprika

2 tbsp Kosher Salt

1 tbsp Onion powder

1 tbsp Garlic powder

1 tbsp Chilli powder(or chipoltle powder)

1 tbsp Pepper

1 tsp Cayenne

1 tsp Cumin

Sometimes I like the kick of chipoltle so I change up chilli powder for it. Chilli powder still my favourite method

Ok, I liked this in chicken, now it is going head to head with my new favorite rub KJ smokey paperika on ribs New Years day. Do you rub the night before, 1 hr before, or right before you put them on the grill?

Thanks

Ben

Ontario is a BIG province. Not a city. Am I missing something or is everyone hiding from the law? So may I assume you live in the suburbs of Toronto.

• larger than France and Spain , combined.
  • almost 1/3 the size of India.
  • more than 3 times the size of Germany.
  • more than 3.5 times the size of Italy.
  • more than 1/10th the size of Canada.
  • more than 4 times the size of the UK.
  • more than 8.25 times the size of England.
  • more than 15 times the size of Ireland.
  • about the same size of the US states Texas & Montana, combined.

I pull from fridge and add some mustard and the rub, start the kamado by then it's all soaked in and I like to add a second coating. I usually lightly spritz with some apple juice/cider vinegar just before going on the grill.

Thanks!

I am prepping for a New Year's Day cook, I think I will take a costco 3 pack of BBs, and cook three half racks. One will be boscos Memphis rub, KJ smoky paperika(I bet it will be similar to boscos rub) and my 1:1 molasses mustard mix.

There will also be about 20 oz of shrimp for the non pork people...

I will post the cook, stay tuned.