Bosco's Mepmphis dry rub

• 3 months later...

I managed to score a coffee grinder from my parents. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

I highly recommend marking it somehow so that it's clearly not meant for grinding coffee... Especially if you use it to grind anything really spicy. Call it the voice of experience...

I make my own chili powder, grinding up chilies in a grinder that looked very similar to the one we used for coffee at the time. You can probably figure out the rest. Let's just say that pot of coffee was significantly better than usual at waking people up...

I managed to score a coffee grinder from my parents. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

I highly recommend marking it somehow so that it's clearly not meant for grinding coffee... Especially if you use it to grind anything really spicy. Call it the voice of experience...

I make my own chili powder, grinding up chilies in a grinder that looked very similar to the one we used for coffee at the time. You can probably figure out the rest. Let's just say that pot of coffee was significantly better than usual at waking people up...

Lol I hear what you are saying. Luckily I don't drink coffee, but I would have loved the extra bite!

I will definitely try Bosco's Memphis rub! Looks great. Thanks Bosco.

I use my coffee grinder for coffee AND my spices. I just clean it afterwards. :)

I was using one of the cheap ones where the blade and grinding bowl were not removable from the motor housing. It's tough to get all the spice oils (or coffee oils, for that matter) out without being able to immerse the parts...

But you're right, if you can be sure to get it completely clean, no worries.

• 1 year later...