• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I am going to post some of my go to rubs that I have made over the past 2 years. This is my Memphis dry rub. I am sure that there are similar variations as there are only so many ways to skin a c

Haven't tried it to give you a comparison. You could to smoked paprika instead of regular paprika. I try and avoid store bought rubs if I can. I like knowing that I can always make it if I run o

Dub this rub has changed the way that I do ribs. No more sauce for this guy!!!

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

This looks like the memphis rub I used to order at chili's where the only thing I'd get was their rack of memphis dry rub or shiner bock. I can't wait to give your version a spin. The cayenne profile is gonna make it delicious I bet. Man mouth already waterin. I'm generally a dry rub kind of fella.. it's got to be some kickun sauce for me to deviate off the dry rubs.

13 hours ago, DaddioWA said:

This looks like the memphis rub I used to order at chili's where the only thing I'd get was their rack of memphis dry rub or shiner bock. I can't wait to give your version a spin. The cayenne profile is gonna make it delicious I bet. Man mouth already waterin. I'm generally a dry rub kind of fella.. it's got to be some kickun sauce for me to deviate off the dry rubs.

If you have a vitamix or coffee grinder, I find the nice blend really helps to unify the flavour.  I hope you like it

• 2 years later...

Probably should've asked sooner, but Mr. Bosco and others, would you recommend adding anything during the wrap? I'm doing the 3-2-1 method on an Akorn. I used your rub recipe exactly as is. I've seen videos suggest a spritz or adding dollops of butter et al during the wrap takes away from the final product, especially the bark. Thanks