Kamado Joe Sandwich-Style Roast Beef

John Setzler

If you are a fan of a great roast beef sandwich, I can guarantee you that you won't find anything as good as this at Arby's or in your grocery store deli case!

Dry Rub Recipe:

Equal parts of:

Kosher or Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Onion Powder
Granulated Garlic
Dry Mustard
Dried Thyme

Rub down your roast with a thin coat of extra virgin olive oil and then coat liberally with the dry rub and let sit on the counter for at least 15-30 minutes.

Preheat the grill to somewhere between 300-350 degrees and set up for indirect cooking.

Place the roast on the center of the grill and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees for medium rare.  Remove from the grill, tent with foil, and let rest for 15-30 minutes.  Wrap tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight.  

Slice as thin or thick as you like and enjoy!

My mouth was watering the entire time I was watching that, outstanding cook and video! I'd love to see a "Kamado Roasted Sandwich Meat" series and suggest the next video in that series be a roasted turkey or chicken loaf seasoned with some buffalo or spicy seasoning!

Fantastic Video John. Eye of Round is on the grocery list. I love Kummelweck Kaiser Rolls and thin sliced roast beef. You can only find weck Buns near Buffalo NY. I make my own weck buns, I guess I could weck a Ciabata Roll just as easy as a Kaiser roll. Kummelweck Beef Sandwiches are the other thing that Buffalo NY is known for.

@Bosco There are plenty of good home model meat slicers in the $100 range. There is commercial quality that starts around $250-300. If you have a Restaurant Depot near that would be a great place to look for one.