ckreef

6. Mr Cue

Mr Cue

7. Oly Smokes

Oly Smokes

• Similar Content

• By Nnank76
      hey guys,

Ive had a few pizza sessions on my kj classic 2. Although the last time i warped the steel firebox ring so not sure that should count as successful! I thought it aould be good to ask a kj specific question.  

My set up is deflectors on the grill in top position. Spacers on top of that with pizza stone then on top.

So my question/s is when doing high heat cooks:
      1. How long do u let the kj heat sink for? I have just opened the vents and let it ride. When up to 650/700 put pizzas on.
      2. Where do people set their vents? How open is the bottom and top? As above i nlrmally just open them up and stick the pizza on at above the 650/700 mark.
      3. How long should this sort of temp last or is safe for the kj? If i had a pizza party how long could this keep up for eg.

Any advice or thoughts is welcome?

Cheers
      Nathan

• By Graham
      Morning Kamado Warriors, 

First time poster and an all round amateur "cooker" in all honesty. Been using cheap hardware store Charcoal BBQs for about 10 years but decided that if i am going to be stuck at home for months then i am going to do it with a beer in my hand and a decent plate of food in front of me. I have just purchased a Big Joe 3 and it's on it's way ... Here comes the concern.

I live in the UK and have no access to my garden, i have to go through the house. UK Standard door width is 29" (74cms) ... is the dam thing actually going to fit through the door? Due to COVID, its me and my wife and we can't ask people for help due to the restriction in the UK. I can lift / shift a 100Kg washer dryer on my own but it almost kills me. My wife is fairly strong but i am worried that we will not be able to move the BBQ into the house to wait for reinforcements.   
      I should thought of these things before buying a ceramic hulk but all the pictures of you guys enjoying a veritable conucopia of meat dishes made me hasty!

Graham
    • By MurphyBBQ
      Cooking my first brisket on the KJ Classic 2 and had a lot of trouble with thick white smoke. My process below, if anybody can help me find the mistake it would be much appreciated!

- Loaded KJ with Jealous Devil lump charcoal and mix ~5-7 oak log chunks of medium (?) size. Logs were highly likely kiln dried but I did get them in firewood-like logs from a meat market vs the mass distro grocery store/home improvement bags
      - Used Royal Oak starters and got the lump lit for about 15 minutes, then a couple of the oak chunks caught and I got a decent fire.
      - Closed the top but opened the vent fully to try to let it smoke out and carbonize. Temp jumped pretty quickly to about 350 so I choked it back and got it stable around 260 but the thick white smoke continued for a solid 45+ minutes at which point I had no choice but to start the meat
      - White smoke continued for another hour+ after this, albeit it didnt billow out quite as aggressively. This went on for a couple of hours at least which seemed like an excessively long time.

Thoughts? Advice?
      Thanks!
    • By Jnoles
      Just bought a Kamado Joe Classic II about 5 days ago. Love almost everything about it so far but there is one thing that has me a bit concerned. The hinge seems to be making an audible creaking noise both when being opened and closed. I didn’t notice this at all when I first bought the cooker. Didn’t really seem to notice until after the 2nd cook or so. Is this a common sound with the grill, or something that will go away with time, or is this something I should be investigating? Hinge seems to work fine. I did tighten it to fine tune it but other than that it’s just the sound. 
    • By Redbeard23
      So I am smoking my first brisket on my Kamado Joe Classic II and pretty well following Johns Brisket 101 video from the Kamado Joe YouTube channel. It has been on about 4 hours at 225 degrees and my dome temp was steady until it started to rise about 30 min ago. It stopped about 250 degrees and seems to be holding steady there now. Any advice on why this happened and if it’s okay? Should I try to lower it? If so, what is the best method. Getting good blueish smoke and have been for most of the cook. Any help would be appreciated.