Travis

Proud Bayou Classic Grill owner!!

Purchased my Bayou Classic from Lowes.  Fantastic deal at only $399.00..  Neighbor came down to help set the unit into the stand.  What a TANK!!  Last week I purchased a Vision M from Sams but took it back because of this deal I came across.  Plus the Bayou has a larger cooking surface!

Originally owned a Char Griller Kamado and love it!!  We use it 3-4x a week and last cooked our Thanksgiving turkey on it.  Cant say enough positive results from it but I couldn't pass up this deal on the Bayou Classic.

Just ordered a cover.  Looking for some ideas on mods ect!!! 

Travis

Congrates. I was at Lowes the other day and saw that for 399 but didn't know if if was a good unit. When I got home I checked here and then immediately looked up the Lowes I'd just come from. 0 in stock. Oh well. At least you will be cooking with more stablized temps from what I've read. Enjoy and congrates again.

Congrates. I was at Lowes the other day and saw that for 399 but didn't know if if was a good unit. When I got home I checked here and then immediately looked up the Lowes I'd just come from. 0 in stock. Oh well. At least you will be cooking with more stablized temps from what I've read. Enjoy and congrates again.

Thanks!!  My local Lowes didn't have it and they found one 2.5 hrs away.  I drove to pick it up!!  Give the on-line Lowes a call and they should be able to search for one.

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with Lowes on-line customer service. they said  the Bayou is a seasonal item. No problem i said when will they get the spring shipment in. She then placed me on hold. After she got back on she later told me she was told that model was being discontinued. I figured that since it's littler than the Akorn or Joe classic that Bayou came out with a slightly bigger one to match the compatitions size. i then went to their web and it still shows this model.  If she was right then it looks like Lowes isn't gonna carry Bayou anymore. Maybe they'll switch to Joe, BGE, or Primo.

I have never seen the Bayou on sale for that price at Lows. My original suspicion was that they were discontinuing them. Curious if Lowe is going with another brand of ceramic, or if they are just going to push their Akorn. I see a big opportunity for Vision to fill that nitch for Lowe's next ceramic kamado.

I have never seen the Bayou on sale for that price at Lows. My original suspicion was that they were discontinuing them. Curious if Lowe is going with another brand of ceramic, or if they are just going to push their Akorn. I see a big opportunity for Vision to fill that nitch for Lowe's next ceramic kamado.

Here in Canada Lowes have a single Kamado and it's a brand I've never heard of. It is ceramic and I looked at it but they only carried a 1 or 2 yr warranty so I wasn't interested.

Congrats!  Nothing like a new grill to get the creative juices flowing (and the beef juices).  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

thanks!!  I've already modified the grate system and hope to post pictures later on.