John Setzler

Kamado Joe - Discontinuation of Black Grills

Kamado Joe will discontinue the production of black grills in the very near future.  This decision was made in an attempt to help the company meet the current grill demand levels and eliminate backorder issues where customers find themselves waiting for grill orders to be fulfilled for extended periods of time.  This decision will also be beneficial to dealers in streamlining their inventory control and flow.  

Customers who have black grills will still be covered by Kamado Joe's warranty for the life of the product.  There are still black grills available at this time.  If you are interested in buying a second grill to match an existing grill in your collection, you will be able to do so if you do it quickly.  

RED is the signature color of Kamado Joe Grills.  It's part of the brand identity.  Kamado Joe, in its process of continuous improvement,  will push forward with red as the flagship color.  Future innovations with the grills will further differentiate the brand to a point where when someone glances at the grill they will KNOW it's a Kamado Joe :)

I love KJ!!!!

And my life is cozy again as I have all the black Kamado grills sitting in their nests enjoying the cold Canadian climate.  Had I started over, I would be more than satisfied with red, just my little OCD 'twitch' wouldn't allow multiple colours in my kamado's!!

I hope this is a good overall decision for the company and ensures timely delivery of bbq's.

You heard the man!!!!  if you want a black one.....get buying ladies and gents!!!!  looks like the trifecta is about to happen here in Ontario Canada!!!

Gonna miss the availability of black, as red is just not my color.  But with that said, there is no way on earth that a red-only option would keep me from buying a Kamado Joe.  Having owned a Kamado Joe for almost 2 years now, I have discovered 1st hand that you are buying into a top-notch company that 110% stands behind the products that they sell... no matter the color.

Sure am glad the wife talked me in to purchasing the red Joe. I, like Bosco, would be going nuts trying to figure out how to expand my Joe inventory during the holidays just to have the same color.

Having different color joe's would drive me nuts. It's a defect about me, what can I say?

You're both wrong. Kamado Joe bought out Komodo Kamado and, starting in March or April of next year, all new KJ's will come in the signature oval shape of the KK line, with the KK's legendary quality, in the KJ red color. The largest 32" model will be offered at a price point of around $2200 (yet to be determined) while the smallest model which replaces the existing Joe Jr will still sell in the $400 range.

I'm just glad I waited...

You're both wrong. Kamado Joe bought out Komodo Kamado and, starting in March or April of next year, all new KJ's will come in the signature oval shape of the KK line, with the KK's legendary quality, in the KJ red color. The largest 32" model will be offered at a price point of around $2200 (yet to be determined) while the smallest model which replaces the existing Joe Jr will still sell in the $400 range.

Troublemaker...

Troublemaker...
[emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Personally, I wouldn't have bought a red KJ. I would have either gone with a green egg or another with another company. Anyways, companies have to make decisions that are best for them in the long term, but this seems like a bad move. Only time will tell.