Finally, A Serious Akorn Question!

Okay all you Akorn fans.  Nobody here can mistake my manifest disdain for the Akorn.  And all you defenders rise up and try and flame my a$$ every time I point out how you guys got taken by buying a decidedly inferior good.  

So let's pose a little thought experiment here.

Suppose that all you had to do was show up at an appointed place and time in your city.  There you would find every brand of kamado known to mankind.  And further suppose that all you had to do was pick the kamado and color of your choice and it would be delivered and set up at a place you designate.  Accessories are included.  And finally, your choice was absolutely costless to you.  That's right, you get any kamado you want absolutely free!  Kamado Claus comes to your house!

So how many of you Akorn devotees still pick the Akorn over a Primo XL, or a Komado Joe Big Joe, or a BGE XL, or any other kamado manufactured?  How about a Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32"?  Which one do you pick?  Remember, it's free!  All you have to do is point and say "I want that one, Kamado Claus!"  

Be honest.  Why do you pick the one you pick?

This should be interesting.

I bought my Akorn because of the price.  I figured at $300 i couldn't go wrong, and I was correct.  This grill performed as I expected it would.  It took a little finesse to make it do all the things I wanted it to do, but it did them.  

Which ceramic grill I would choose if it were free is irrelevant.  This isn't an apples to apples comparison.  Most people choose the Akorn, not because it's the BEST choice, but because it's the most economical choice in terms of initial cash outlay.  

I don't see much sense in this argument.

Seems obvious to me that if Kamado-Claus was giving away FREE Kamado's...we'd all be joining the elite ranks of you CC...but that's not reality. Like John, I don't see the point in this question. Not everyone can, or for that matter wants to fork over $1000+ for a kamado. I have several friends, and see many more on this forum that are very satisfied with their Akorn. Not sure why you can't be happy for them. I vote that we drop this bashing, and let's enjoy the brotherhood/sisterhood that has been formed here at kamadoguru.com irrespective of the kamado being cooked on :-)

I bought my Akorn because of the price.  I figured at $300 i couldn't go wrong, and I was correct.  This grill performed as I expected it would.  It took a little finesse to make it do all the things I wanted it to do, but it did them.  

Which ceramic grill I would choose if it were free is irrelevant.  This isn't an apples to apples comparison.  Most people choose the Akorn, not because it's the BEST choice, but because it's the most economical choice in terms of initial cash outlay.  

Just as I see no point whatsoever in the types of Akorn vs. ceramic questions that are repeatedly posted here.  Yet nobody has ever once raised a finger in protest to that line of questioning when posed by our friends with Akorns!  I wonder why i can be considered out of line and fomenting problems but not so much of a word has been said to them as has been me.  Are there two sets of rules here?  Did I miss a memo?

All I've done is ask a simple question.  All I want to know is who picks what if everything is costless.  That, John, is a very valid question in my humble opinion.  I'm not going to respond to one single post except yours.

You always have the discretion to lock this thread.  

It is a legitimate question but the timing and placement are probably not the best.. If we had just not had a thread go up in flames and no specific mention of a cooker and placed in the cooler or cooking with fire it most likely may have went without a hitch. 

If someone new came here and simply asked "Wife gave me the green light, I have the resources to buy whatever Kamado I want, what should I get?" He would probably get a lot suggestions, some debate between brands and models but in that light its a legit question. 

Just as I see no point whatsoever in the types of Akorn vs. ceramic questions that are repeatedly posted here.  Yet nobody has ever once raised a finger in protest to that line of questioning when posed by our friends with Akorns!  I wonder why i can be considered out of line and fomenting problems but not so much of a word has been said to them as has been me.  Are there two sets of rules here?  Did I miss a memo?

All I've done is ask a simple question.  All I want to know is who picks what if everything is costless.  That, John, is a very valid question in my humble opinion.  I'm not going to respond to one single post except yours.

Your first two sentences set the tone of this thread. 

I don't know why you would protest any new members questions, no matter what it is, on a forum like this that is designed to help new and seasoned Kamado users unless they were personally insulting. Should we say that all members only post questions IF it has never been addressed on the forum before? Like I said in the other thread, if any post makes you upset, don't read it or post to it. But a MOD getting all upset and insulting other (new) members because he does not like the subject seems silly to me.