emccorma

discount Bayou at Lowes

I just bought my bayou from Lowe's online,it's on sale till February I think for $ 399. You can have it shipped to a store free. You can also do as I did and bought a 10 precent off coupon on Ebay for about $1 and it works,another $40 off. Good luck

I just purchased 2 of these at Lowes of Woburn MA, $119 each, still crated.

Been looking at these for a few years, and a friend who works there called me with the news they are going "nonstock", discontinuing them.

Check some Lowes close by, get a helpful employee to do a little research on the store computers, and see what they are marked down to in your area. Another Lowes in my area had 2, assembled, marked down to $309 now. My plan is to check again in a few weeks and see if there are any more for the taking.

Great presents !!!!

Been looking at these for a few years, and a friend who works there called me with the news they are going "nonstock", discontinuing them.

Check some Lowes close by, get a helpful employee to do a little research on the store computers, and see what they are marked down to in your area. Another Lowes in my area had 2, assembled, marked down to $309 now. My plan is to check again in a few weeks and see if there are any more for the taking.

Great presents !!!!

Lol. there were 3 in stock when I was looking at it. By the time I got to the register you had already purchased the 2 that were notthefloor model, so I got the floor model. The floor model was slightly beat up, but still great value at that price. I was thinking the same as you... Get several and use as gifts. I snoozed and lost out. Hope you enjoy your grill. Let me know how you like it. Is it your first kamado?

It is MY first, but have friends with them. I have a JennAir gas grill and a Weber kettle, and have gone through several Brinkman smokers. I've wanted a ceramic for a while, but shied away because of cost. But, for the $119 for this guy, i am psyched.

Now, if I could ditch 4 or 5 feet of the snow, I would set it up and start cooking.

Do yourself a favor and get "the kamado smoker and grill cookbook". Very informative good read. Also grab your shovel, cause imho this is the perfect smoking weather. Hope yours isn't burried, cause that store was all out of them last I checked. I did ribs and wings yesterday.

It is MY first, but have friends with them. I have a JennAir gas grill and a Weber kettle, and have gone through several Brinkman smokers. I've wanted a ceramic for a while, but shied away because of cost. But, for the $119 for this guy, i am psyched.

Now, if I could ditch 4 or 5 feet of the snow, I would set it up and start cooking.

Welcome copleydad. We need more of us mass residents to show off our cookjng skills!

Great presents !!!!

I'll be checking after work tomorrow, that's too good to pass up! As an extra bonus I got my annual bonus check last week and did my taxes this weekend so I'm flush with cash so the wife won't complain =)

Just picked it up today. Will assemble after dinner. Then I will put up a pic. If you stand on your head you can see my keg. My keg is still my first love, but I wanted a second for days like Super Bowl when I had pork butt on all day but wanted to do some wings too. Now I have my additional kamado. Will be great for thanksgiving too.

I bought a used one, $250. Missed out on the clearance sale. I'm OK with it after I added new gasket, sealed the top and bottom vents, replaced the charcoal grate with expanded metal for better air circulation. Also had to shim the hinge to get it to close tightly in the front(handle side) It works well enough and I'm happy I didn't have to spend a fortune for a ceramic cooker. I also have an old Imperial. One thing I noticed is that the cypress feels hot to the touch when I'm at 250F. The Imperial is just warm. There is a huge hole in the top to accept the holding screw for the top vent. I used a piece of gasket , made a hole in it, covered the hole with it then screwed the top on. I used red RTV for the bottom vent. For the hinge to get it to pass a dollar bill test I used 12 cents, literally! On the base part of the hinge I loosened the screw enough so that the band came away from the ceramic enough to place 3 cents behind each screw. This forced the top downward at the front making a much tighter seal.