Add Monolith to grill list

Is that a smoking wood drawer in the center of the kettle?

Seems like it. Just like the Sapphire, which is also Auplex-made right?

I believe they are all Auplex made. Just slightly different designs. Same cart as a Vision from the looks of it. Look at the stones and grids.....look familiar? How can they get away with using the same designs?  They look like KJ stones to me. 

Don't tell anyone it may break their hearts. 

Dave

Look at the stones and grids.....look familiar? How can they get away with using the same designs?  They look like KJ stones to me.

I don't doubt for a second that KJ simply used someone else's designs for these parts as well.

Is that a smoking wood drawer in the center of the kettle?

Seems like it. Just like the Sapphire, which is also Auplex-made right?

I believe they are all Auplex made. Just slightly different designs. Same cart as a Vision from the looks of it. Look at the stones and grids.....look familiar? How can they get away with using the same designs?  They look like KJ stones to me. 

Don't tell anyone it may break their hearts. 

Dave

Hi Guys and girls

Ok so I will clear a few things up... Auplex is a rip off of the Monolith. Monolith have been around a while in Germany and a few other European locations and have done really very well, almost as soon as they launched Auplex ripped them off, not even BMW and other major car manufacturers are safe from Chinese knock offs. I have pictures of the Auplex next to a Monolith, taken during a trip to the factory and they are very different, for a start the ceramic shells are half as thick and after 5 cooks the firebox cracks. The metal work is also really bad, the Monolith is clearly the better unit

As for Sapphire... they, along with Kamado Joe started using the same factory's as Monolith in China a few months later and started to produce the same sort of units as Monolith. Both Sapphire and KJ focused on the American/Canadian market and Monolith on the European markets. None of the 3 companies at the time had intent to cross borders of the other, and so the similarities never seemed terribly important. As Monolith grew in Europe and KJ grew in the the US and Canada, Monolith decided there was no room for a third party and had Sapphire fired out of the factory leaving just Monolith and KJ at the party. The Sapphire grills now sold are made in another factory, very different and not as well made. The grills they now sell are different to the images they have on the websites, and are now not the same as the Monolith's.

Sorry to waffle, I sell catering equipment and have been a chef for 14 years, so I tend to know these things. Oh, and so I don't get busted at a later date for being misleading or a bit of an imposter, I am also the owner of Monolith Grill UK.

I am here to share recipes and cook, and make friends with like minds, naturally I am biased about my product but I am not here to talk trash about my competitors, that is not my style at all. Both Green Egg and Kamado Joe are doing well in the UK and for good reason.

Thanks guys, if still allowed and wanted I will post my cooks and recipes, I will give advice and I am sure I will damn well need some in return as although I have been a cook for 14 years, owned a restaurant and worked michelin star, these Kamado's are somewhat new and exciting to me. I will also certainly spread the word of this fine forum to other cheffy friends and cooks I know who have a passion for BBQ and Kamado's as I am sure we are all here for one thing, to learn through sharing.

Thanks

Peace

Mike

PS, Yes it is a smoke tray loader thingy in the lower centre, its really helpful when you want to add chips/pellets every 20 mins or so, you do not need to lift the lid of your Kamado and lose precious heat and smoke, it drops the pellets straight onto the coals. (Sorry product plug over)