#trifecta

freddyjbbq

Bosco made it famous, how many are out there and what is your story?

Here's Mine:

Big Joe- purchased around May 2013 after rwalters convinced me to get a big joe over a classic.

Classic- won Kamado Joe facebook contest around Feb 2014

Junior- purchased on vacation on cape cod July 2014 at a Kamado Kev demo.

#trifecta

Nice Freddy!!! My story...

It all started back with eating at a friends house who owned a green egg. I wanted one after that. My wife said to start small so I purchased a WSM to try charcoal after being influenced on the brethren. After first cook I realized I prefered grilling and purchased a 22 OTG. Cooked on that for a year while saving up for a BGE. Read a post on the brethren, came across man cave meals and joined the Kamado joe forum to start. Read so much and fell in love with KJ.

I was crazy for one for 9 months and finally got the green light to purchase. Ended up with the black big joe to start after all the recommendations in June 2014. Started contributing on this site and read a thread by Freddy about grabbing a jr. and owning all three.

Always thought the big joe was enough so I sold my WSM and gave my kettle to my Nieghbor.

Fast forward to November 2014. A buzz started on the guru about discontinuing black. I panicked and started spinning my wheels with a now or never opinion. Wanted the jr. Then so many suggested a classic. I ordered a jr. And seemed like the right fit. I was waiting for delivery and it was delayed. Found one at another store so I put a deposit on that one. Then Andy and John posted a reply to my thread that made far too much sense so I canceled the jr. And went with a classic at the end of December. Thanks to Mario for the constant classic chants. I was so rushed into the purchase that it became a true case of paralysis by analysis. THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME!!

A week later I made the decision that if the store had a black jr. I would buy that too. So I called and they had one so I bought that too. Picked that up December 19th with my KG buddy Rak. This jr. Was mostly because of the positive comments posted by addertooth.

I love all three and I am happy to have created the #trifrcta craze #triplethreat. But the true trifecta starter is you freddyj. It's all because of you

post-3410-0-93262400-1419949717_thumb.jp

Kamado Joe should really come out with a fourth grill option (other than Pro Joe) to give you guys something to shoot for next.

It would be a wise marketing move. Guaranteed sales. As long as they knock out a few in black, that is.

[emoji3]

Kamado Joe should really come out with a fourth grill option (other than Pro Joe) to give you guys something to shoot for next.

It would be a wise marketing move. Guaranteed sales. As long as they knock out a few in black, that is.

[emoji3]

A new grill option from Kamado Joe will happen sooner than later, but first they have to catch up with current demands.....that's a great postion for a company to be in, but it can frustrating to consumers. Actually a couple new options will eventually happen. 

[emoji3]

A new grill option from Kamado Joe will happen sooner than later, but first they have to catch up with current demands.....that's a great postion for a company to be in, but it can frustrating to consumers. Actually a couple new options will eventually happen.

Time to start saving your allowance, bosco!

[emoji3]

hope they come out with a mini so I don't have to settle for a bge

I owned four BGE’s and was always on their web-site trying to help their consumers with issues. I was cooking with fireboxes and rings that were broken in half or even into thirds. Both the dealers I bought the BGE’s from had gone out of business and to this day I have unanswered phone calls, e-mails and fax’s into corporate BGE looking for warranty help. The same thing was happening to other BGE owners and they would post their issues on the BGE Facebook page. BGE would never respond and would only post promotional items. One day I got really PO’ed and posted to BGE that they should be less promotional and spend more time dealing with their consumer’s issues. Bobby Brennan was in the early stages of launching his company and saw my post. He called me, introduced himself and told me he wanted to send me his Classic Kamado Joe to try out. It was his only Kamado at the time. He told me I was under no obligation to him, but just wanted me to give it a good testing. He told me after that I could sell it, give it away, toss it out or keep it.  It arrived and I had it unpacked, set-up and lit in 20 minutes. I loved the color, the sturdy side shelves, big thermometer, locking casters, hinge and the stainless steel grates and accessories. I couldn’t believe how fast it heated up compared to my EGGs. A few months later he invited me out to a BBQ Expo in Salt Lake City and we really bonded, as well as with the rest of the Kamado Joe team also. I really lobbied Bobby and Kerry from the first time we met for a 24 inch Kamado, which later became the BigJOE. Watching the last BGE’s roll out of my pitt was one of the happier days of my life, with the exception of family events

Out with the last of the old.....

post-3565-0-87070700-1419962553_thumb.jp

In with the New. It was like I was Born Again.....

post-3565-0-55653900-1419962701_thumb.jp

I owned four BGE’s and was always on their web-site trying to help their consumers with issues. I was cooking with fireboxes and rings that were broken in half or even into thirds. Both the dealers I bought the BGE’s from had gone out of business and to this day I have unanswered phone calls, e-mails and fax’s into corporate BGE looking for warranty help. The same thing was happening to other BGE owners and they would post their issues on the BGE Facebook page. BGE would never respond and would only post promotional items. One day I got really PO’ed and posted to BGE that they should be less promotional and spend more time dealing with their consumer’s issues. Bobby Brennan was in the early stages of launching his company and saw my post. He called me, introduced himself and told me he wanted to send me his Classic Kamado Joe to try out. It was his only Kamado at the time. He told me I was under no obligation to him, but just wanted me to give it a good testing. He told me after that I could sell it, give it away, toss it out or keep it. It arrived and I had it unpacked, set-up and lit in 20 minutes. I loved the color, the sturdy side shelves, big thermometer, locking casters, hinge and the stainless steel grates and accessories. I couldn’t believe how fast it heated up compared to my EGGs. A few months later he invited me out to a BBQ Expo in Salt Lake City and we really bonded, as well as with the rest of the Kamado Joe team also. I really lobbied Bobby and Kerry from the first time we met for a 24 inch Kamado, which later became the BigJOE. Watching the last BGE’s roll out of my pitt was one of the happier days of my life, with the exception of family events.

Out with the last of the old.....

attachicon.gif003.JPG

In with the New. It was like I was Born Again.....

attachicon.gifPC200005 bbbb.jpg

andy, you are the OG #trifecta