CeramicChef

9. Rak73

Rak73

10. danielc

danielc

• Similar Content

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado People,
      I have been smoking for about 2 years now and I have never tried a pork roast style cook and beside whenever I have done pork roasts I have not got the crackling right and this is critical.
      So I decided to research a little and found heaps of methods out there, anyway I was stuck on three types 1. Continuous apply of vinegar, 2. Apply lots of salt to fat/skin, boiling water. All of these have the requirement of putting the pork into the kamado at a very hot temperature for around 30-40 mintues before dropping temperature to normal roasting temp of around 180/200°C.
      All of the above are required to have a dry roast, not fresh out of the plastic pack , best left overnight. At the last minute I decided to go with boiling water pouring over the fat and then right away into the hot kamado mine was at about 250/270°C range with one chunk of cheery, had no apple in the shed.
      Any how after 30min I closed the vents and the temp started to drop. Once at 180°C I left her there until internal reached 75°C and wow wow what a beauty. Moist and perfect crackling. Salt was needed to be added though.  

• By philpom
      they've been on for a bit, cruising at 215°f.  Going to finish each one differently but still debating the details.

• By HokieOC
      This weekend I'm attempting my first dual-cook, a pork shoulder/butt and a brisket flat.  I have a KJ Classic and an Akorn Jr, so I could do the pork on the Junior and brisket on the classic and not worry about it.  But for the sake of only using one grill for two things that cook generally the same in terms of temp (also admittedly, I just kinda want to try it), I'm planning to use the extender rack on the KJ, put the butt on that then add the flat under it a few hours later as I'm anticipating less time for the flat than the butt (Never done just a flat, only packers, but I think the flats take less time?).  

Has anyone ever done this?  My only concern is the butt dripping fat all over the brisket, not sure if that will change the flavor or get it all greasy and it's a big no-no?  Or will it not mess with the flat at all and if anything make it better from dripping fat all over it and keeping it from drying out?

Thanks!
    • By LJS
      Hello Kamado Peeps,
      Has ana awesome weekend.
      My friend did a low and slow leg of lamb on the Webber kettle and left it in sauce with the aim of enhancing the gravy. It sure did and pulled apart beautifully on the rolls, he also did not use any wood just natural spices.    
      So I had to do a cook myself. Went to this new meat shop (meat emporium Sydney) and the selection and quality is really good. I walked out over budget and decided to do some pork ribs a monster pcs.
      Spice: Pepper, salt, garlic, mustard, onion, paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper  
      Wood: Cheery and 1pcs pecan
      3 2 1 method – full proof as always, some 5-6 hours later yummy
      Keep smoking ….

• By DerHusker
      On New Year’s Eve we had our friends over for dinner.  They were getting up early to go to the Rose Parade so the evening ended early but we still had a great time.

I made 2 pizzas. The first was a Hawaiian Pizza with red onion, black olives, Canadian bacon and pineapple.

The second was a Meat Lover’s Pizza with red onion, black olives, peperoni and Italian sausage.

Both were delicious but I have to say the Meat Lovers was my favorite.

Thanks for looking.