Braised Chicken Thighs With Garlic, Rosemary, Thyme and Mustard

Ben S

Tonight was braised chicken thighs with garlic, rosemary, Thyme and mustard on the Joe.

The chicken was seared both on the grill and in the CI pan. All the chicken could not be seared in the CI at once, so I used the grill surface too. 300 F.

post-3320-0-94843500-1420334739_thumb.jp

Prep the garlic, thyme,and rosemary.

Remove the chicken, cook the garlic for a minute. Then add the thyme and rosemary, cook for another minute.

Add the chicken back to the pan, add a 1.5 cups of sherry and 1/4 cup of mustard.

post-3320-0-73252600-1420335161_thumb.jp

After the sherry is reduced to about 1/3 rd volume add 1.5 cups chicken broth. Continue to cook until the sauce is the desired thickness.

post-3320-0-83679400-1420335339_thumb.jp

post-3320-0-38300300-1420335422_thumb.jp

post-3320-0-42076600-1420335446_thumb.jp

Man does that look good! Great job

That looks great Ben!

Nice modification of a stove top reicpe to the Kamado. Looks like it tastes wonderful.

Thank you guys!

This is the second time I have made this recipe. Clearly a winner with the wife!

Nice cook Mewantkj, I love using CI to braise on my kamado, short ribs, lamb shanks, chicken, much different than straight grilling and oh so tender and delicious. Really excellent cook. I cooked thighs the same way tonight using ouzo, orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, nutmeg, fennel seed, orange slices, and whole dried figs. Also delicious. 

Nice cook Mewantkj, I love using CI to braise on my kamado, short ribs, lamb shanks, chicken, much different than straight grilling and oh so tender and delicious. Really excellent cook. I cooked thighs the same way tonight using ouzo, orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, nutmeg, fennel seed, orange slices, and whole dried figs. Also delicious.

Sounds like a great way to incorporate other flavors. I will have to experiment more

Thanks! I'll post the cook so can judge! LOL

I want to see this!

Looks so juicey and tender great cook

thank you

Stupendous looking spread. And it looks like a healthy meal to boot. Nicely done.

Thank you

Looking good

Thank you

OMG that looks good. Love me some thighs. Favorite cut by far

I have recently rediscovered thighs and just how versitile they are. They are almost like the pork butt of the chicken world.

Thanks

Ben