Derald@Primo

Naked Whiz-Review of the Primo Oval XL 400 Grill & Accessories

On 9/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, ckreef said:

They have a firebox divider. Dual diffuser grates. A dual diffuser setup. Dual main grates (that can be installed up or down). Dual expansion grates. All that should cover any divide and conquer situations you need. (and oval is far superior for divide and conquer) For the oval XL  kickashbasket sells an option. If you don't like the daisy wheel, Smokeware sells a covered SS top hat. Plenty of third party gasket replacements. I know some of those weren't Primo but the accessories are out there. I even saw a wedge rotisserie setup on the internet today. Plenty of CI accessories that would fit especially with the oval design. 

What can't you find? 

I always thought it was blizzare Primo has never done anything to add Rotisserie system to the unit.   The oval shape has an advantage in accommodating a wider variety of basket.   

A split firebox, the oval design should accomidate a spilt fire box without having to use a metal adapter like KJ. 

Better gaskets, a rain vent, stainless steel racks and stainless deflector holders to replace the porcelain coated steel.  

BGE recently stepped up their line-up.  Primo long overdue to shake things up a bit.

2 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

I always thought it was blizzare Primo has never done anything to add Rotisserie system to the unit.   The oval shape has an advantage in accommodating a wider variety of basket.   

A split firebox, the oval design should accomidate a spilt fire box without having to use a metal adapter like KJ. 

Better gaskets, a rain vent, stainless steel racks and stainless deflector holders to replace the porcelain coated steel.  

BGE recently stepped up their line-up.  Primo long overdue to shake things up a bit.

CGS makes stainless accessories for the Primos.