8. Remoh

Remoh

9. aljoseph

aljoseph

10. Ross

Ross

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      So my work had a Chili Cookoff contest and I decided to join in on the “fun”. I put fun in parenthesis because I had to make the chili on Tuesday after work and didn’t get done until it was 9:00. I then had to wait until it cooled off enough to put it in the fridge. So I’m in bed at 10:15 and the alarm is set for 4:30. This so I can shower and get everything ready and make the drive up to the L.A. area on Wednesday. I made a White Chicken Chili called Chili Blanco. I used a recipe from All Things BBQ. (Here's a link to his video:  https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/chili-blanco/)

I tweaked the recipe a little. Here are the ingredients I used with my tweaks in red.
      ·         2 lb chicken, boneless breasts or thighs (I used 4 boneless breasts)
      ·         Carne Asada Seasoning (I used Fajita seasoning)
      ·         2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      ·         1 large yellow onion, diced
      ·         3 Anaheim chiles, seeded, diced (I used 2 Anaheim and 1 Poblano)
      ·         1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
      ·         1 tbsp All Purpose Rub
      ·         1 tbsp ground cumin
      ·         1 tsp Mexican oregano
      ·         4 cloves garlic, minced
      ·         3 tbsp unsalted butter
      ·         1/4 cup flour
      ·         2 (15 oz) cans of great northern beans, drained, rinsed
      ·         1 quart unsalted chicken stock
      ·         1 cup heavy cream (I used Caciqui Crema Salvadorena)
      ·         8 oz cream cheese, cubed
      ·         1 bunch cilantro, minced
      ·         4 oz (1 cup) pepper jack cheese, grated

Didn’t have time for a fully documented cook photo spread but here is what I did get. I had taken some chicken I had in the freezer and thawed it out. Assembled most of my spices (some I didn’t use) and the chicken.

Sliced al the breast in half to increase the surface area

and then sprinkled on the fajita seasoning.

I grilled the chicken on my preheated Grill Grates I got from BPS.

Brought then inside to cool

while I started prepping the veggies and other ingredients.

Onion and Poblano diced

and now the Anaheim’s added.  

I took all this out and placed it in my 9 Qt. Dutch oven to sauté. This is where I was pushing for time and quit taken all the pictures that slow down the cooking process. I did get one of the final results.

I really liked the flavor and heat profile of it. It had some heat, but the heat was flavorful and not just hot. My wife also liked it but indicated it was just a little to hot. (She still ate it 2 days in a row) I didn’t win the cookoff but came in 3rd. This is a little different that what everyone was used to. The traditional chili’s won but I did get a lot of complements on it.

Thanks for looking
    • By Smokingdadbbq
      I was a little late getting my cook up on instagram for the national Chili day hash tag so curious what you cooked, recipes you like etc. 

I did a chili blanco with smoked chicken, coal roasted hot peppers and onions and fried prosciutto garnish. Love this recipe 
      https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/chili-blanco/

My favourite Chili is this recipe given its excessive use of hot peppers that I grow, smoke to dehydrate and preserve and use throughout winter, it’s the red one in the two photos below 
      https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/our-favorite-texas-beef-chili-51249010

• By philpom
      "Pickled" Dill Bread

1 cup of water + 1 tbs
      1/3 cup of white vinegar
      4 cups of all purpose flour
      1/4 cup of potato flakes
      4 1/2 tbs white sugar
      2 1/2 tbs powder milk
      2 tsp kosher salt
      3 tbs butter
      4 tsp instant dry yeast
      1 heaping tbs dill seed.

Combine according to your bread machine instructions. Mine says add fluid, flour, other - being certain the yeast does not come in contact with any water.

Use the knead/dough only quick cycle. Once the cycle is completed remove the dough ball and form a "log" blob. Have a pre-warmed pizza stone ready with a heating pad underneath set to high to keep it warm. The stone should be a gentle warm and not hot. Place a large clear bowl over the dough and allow an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours to rise. I put some cornmeal on the stone to help prevent sticking.

Place in the kamado preheated to 350 degrees setup for indirect cooking and bake for about 50 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when you tap on it.

Cut and serve - be sure to try it still warm with butter!

Look at this topic for some picture of what it might look like:
      viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2819
    • By CentralTexBBQ
      Nothing puts me in mind of fall quite like chili. Though I admit that none of my friends would ever define this as chili as it contains beans and a few other things to ease my conscience and qualify as healthy. Started out with 3lbs of ground turkey that I smoked for 3 hours on the Big Joe. Garlic and jalapenõ, cowbell, mexibelle, poblano and bell peppers that I roasted on the Joe after pulling the turkey, black and kidney beans, white onion, carrot, etc. Topped with red onion, yellow bell pepper- most of which I dropped putting the lid one- and extra sharp cheddar. I unfortunately didn't get a pic of anything on the smoker. Had to snap this picked quickly before the couples devoured the pot.

• By Dub
      Made some chili in the crockpot today.

http://www.hurstbeans.com/recipes/299/Slow-Cooker-Chili

Hurst products have always worked out well for me.  

I added some smoked salt, garlic, basil, bag of frozen onions & peppers and a can of habanero Rotel to this one before thickening up with a small amount of ap flour.