New 1/2 stone for Vision

Tarheel

As the owner of a Vision Classic B, I've been envious of KJ owners with the split heat deflectors, and the ease of switching between direct/indirect cooking the design provides.

So, I went and bought a 15.5" half round kiln shelf from Euclids. The shelf cost $12.65, & shipping was $21.40 for a total of $34.05. Fits well on the bracket that came with the 14" vision stone, and leaves about 1/2" of space around the outside perimeter. As you can see from the picture I haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to it, especially with rebeyes. Just thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for a similar solution.

45280f925eb7434a1aa7e38d43a7c296.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JohnnyAppetizer
      I really got started with assembly about three weeks ago. 

• By Knoxly
      I have a Louisiana grills K24 and I am not sure if I can cook pizza directly on the heat deflector or need a separate pizza stone.  Also interested to know which side of the deflector is up for normal grilling.  Thanks!

• By william nelson
      Hey people Just like to know the best heat deflector set up for my new 12 inch ceramic grill. thx   
    • By NVRider
      I have a smokin stone for my AKORN Kamado, but wanted one for my AKORN Jr.. I found that not only are they scarce, but pricey too. From searches on the forums I did not really see a good solution, so I gave it a try myself to come up with one. Here is what I got:
      Wally World has Lodge 10.5 inch griddles for $14.88.

Once out to the shop I cut the handle off. Just eye balled the cut off point to fit on the shelf in the cooker.

Went to the grinding wheel to eliminate the rough surfaces and then drilled holes in the handle and handle lip to hold the bolt, nut and lock washer.

Fit nicely in the cooker and was very stable.

You can remove the deflector with BBQ gloves or use the grill handle which fits nicely in the slot of the griddle handle.

Fired up the grill and seem to work just fine with some salmon fillets I did. 

• By Smokin J
      Morning! 4:51 and it's almost time to get the bird in some heat. Posting as a follow along with a few questions. Outside temps are going to be below 20°F. Is there any danger to my grill with those temps? Vision you watching this? Lol
      21lbs turkey brined for 21hrs. 
      Here we go