Fish Tacos

Rak73

Fish Tacos for dinner tonight.  I adapted a Guy Fieri recipe and it turned out to be the best fish tacos we've ever had!  I thought I made enough to have left overs for tomorrow but the whole family had seconds and then thirds!  

Fish Marinade:

2 tablespoons EVOO

3 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons minced garlic

Juice of 1 lime

Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Four 6- to 8-ounce boneless, skinless mahi mahi fillets 

Grilled direct on a low fire

post-6823-0-43793200-1422495455_thumb.jp

Cabbage:

1/2 cup red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon kosher salt

2 cups shredded red cabbage

1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

Refrigerate overnight

Drain before serving

post-6823-0-86874300-1422495482_thumb.jp

Cilantro Lime Crema:

8 ounces sour cream

1/4 cup milk

2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

2 limes, juiced

Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Refrigerate overnight 

post-6823-0-85704300-1422495505_thumb.jp

Warm up tortillas

post-6823-0-41850800-1422495589_thumb.jp

Add favourite hot sauce

post-6823-0-11214200-1422495551_thumb.jp

Time to eat...

post-6823-0-60192100-1422495609_thumb.jp

The components worked really well. The crema was perfect, the cabbage had a nice crunch and just a perfect amount of pickle, the fish was flaky and moist and the hot sauce really kicked up the flavours another notch.  I will be making this again, exactly as is.   Even though the condiments took a bit of extra time, they were worth the effort.  I highly recommend this one!

Thanks for looking!

Rak - that's a recipe you'd use when you invIte friends over for a casual dinner! I've done that basic recipe myself and Rak, you crushed this cook! Kudos!

Thank you CC!  You know me, I love a simple recipe that yields good food ;)

Rak, I can only imagine how good that tasted. Nicely done! Even though there were no leftovers for tomorrow, it sure makes you feel good when it all gets cleaned up by the fam. [emoji106]

Thank you Ally!  Sometimes I find fish tacos bland..this was definitely not bland!  And you are absolutely right...best feeling in the world is watching the family enjoy the meals I prepare!

The fish taco looks really good I must try this it looks so delicious and healthy

Thank you Smokering.  To make it even healthier you could always use low fat sour cream in the crema, but considering how little fat there is in the meal I'm happy to leave it as it is.

This recipe is going on my to cook list. The combo of flavors sound fantastic to me. Nicely done Rak.

Thanks Remoh!  The original recipe calls for Tequila...I was out of Tequila so I substituted EVOO.  Next time I'm using tequila...Its only a little bit and I'm sure the alcohol would burn off so the kids could eat it, just think the extra flavour it would bring would be amazing.