Beauty Is Coming To OKC!

CeramicChef

Take a look at the legs of the rolling stand. They flare out from the bottom of the grill, which means that the stand is going to be much more stable than it looks. It may not look obvious from the angle of the photo, but the base is wider than the top.

And if the gauge of the stainless steel that goes into the stand is anything like what is used on the KK grill for hardware, supporting the weight won’t be an issue at all.

I was just going to say, I'm guessing the the legs on that flair out a lot more than it seems in the picture. I for sure me am very hesitant to move my Vision in its SS nest. It's not too top heavy, but when one wheel hits a pebble or something, when you are moving it, it pretty much makes you need to go in and change your shorts...

Ross - you are exactly right! You should have been here when we moved TheBeast around the house here by bucking two sheets of plywood. The reading on the Pucker Factor Meter went off the dial several times. Momentum on a 900+ lb. kamado is something else. With BEAUTY! weighing in at a dainty 340 lbs, I'm not too worried, ceterus paribus!

If you include when I took delivery, I've moved my 23" three times, each with its own challenges. The main thing is that they are so solidly built, you learn that all you really have to do is aim, get it going, and steer. Except when I had to come up about seven steps. That took four Mexican guys, (I couldn't have done it without them, a ramp, some tiles, a rope, and a $100.00 tip. Plus a few beers. It made it just fine, and I hope to never move it again!

Hey, I've got a question.  There is a "Small and Mini Kamado Cooking" thread.  Now the 19, Beauty, is definitely smaller than TheBeast.  But Beauty isn't what you'd classify as small given that Beauty is larger than a Large BGE at 18.25" diameter and a KJ Classic.  So would I be in error posting cooks on Beauty in the "Small and Mini Kamado Cooking" thread?  She's definitely dainty compared to TheBeast, but in reality, she's a full sized kamado!  What do you think?

Hey, I've got a question. There is a "Small and Mini Kamado Cooking" thread. Now the 19, Beauty, is definitely smaller than TheBeast. But Beauty isn't what you'd classify as small given that Beauty is larger than a Large BGE at 18.25" diameter and a KJ Classic. So would I be in error posting cooks on Beauty in the "Small and Mini Kamado Cooking" thread? She's definitely dainty compared to TheBeast, but in reality, she's a full sized kamado! What do you think?

Sorry CC that to me that is a full size only way better especially with the built-in ports and high dome. My Akorn is 19". [emoji14]

Now the 16" I think you could call that one a Super Jr. [emoji41]

Hi Ken, fantastic addition. As you know i have the same cooker with same colour. This is the cooker I use most and it performs flawlessly. In fact i used it yesterday with a 3kg pork shoulder slightly smoked and my own rub. The whole cook took about 3 hours and was outstanding. No photos had to many beverages, story of my life. Hope you are well. One thing puzzles me is that you are single and then there is WE. Very interesting and good for you. Frans

Hey, I've got a question. There is a "Small and Mini Kamado Cooking" thread. Now the 19, Beauty, is definitely smaller than TheBeast. But Beauty isn't what you'd classify as small given that Beauty is larger than a Large BGE at 18.25" diameter and a KJ Classic. So would I be in error posting cooks on Beauty in the "Small and Mini Kamado Cooking" thread? She's definitely dainty compared to TheBeast, but in reality, she's a full sized kamado! What do you think?

Sorry CC that to me that is a full size only way better especially with the built-in ports and high dome. My Akorn is 19". [emoji14]

Now the 16" I think you could call that one a Super Jr. [emoji41]

I got thinking some more about this.

The 19" high top is the same size or bigger than at least 80% of the Komodos on this forum and 80% maybe a low number.

Just sayin .........

I'm very interested in hearing more about your experience with the two grills in terms of versatility and fuel usage.

I guess I'm in the same boat as some others where I had my mind set on a Big Joe, then I found out they were not in stock and that got me thinking... Trying to decide between a 32 BB or a 23 Ultimate for 2016. 

I'm very interested in hearing more about your experience with the two grills in terms of versatility and fuel usage.

I guess I'm in the same boat as some others where I had my mind set on a Big Joe, then I found out they were not in stock and that got me thinking... Trying to decide between a 32 BB or a 23 Ultimate for 2016.

This may deserve another thread, but, I have a 23", and a 19". The 19" is extremely capable, and if was my only grill, it wouldn't be a problem.

As far as efficiency, on the kk forum there's a thread where an owner had a 23" loaded with Dennis' coco char, and maintained 225° for over 80 hrs. 'Nuff said.

If you're considering a big joe, the 23" is the closest in size, yet, in my opinion, much more capable because of design features such as multi level cooking surfaces, built in rotisserie capability, just to name two. The 32" is, as CC named his, a beast. If you have need of that much capability regularly, nothing can compare, but it is easily overkill. All kk's are built to the same standards, meaning that the only real difference is size. Dennis also has a free standing 21" due in the spring, so there's another option.

Lastly, Give Dennis a call, he's a pleasure to talk to, he treats every customer like his only customer, and you simply can't ask for better customer service.

+1^!

Rob said it all. It wasn't until I really started looking at the 19" High Cap and grills in its class that I was hit between the eyes with the fact that the 19" I'm getting, Beauty!, is larger than the Lg BGE, KJ Classic, Vision B, etc. Beauty! Is only a small kamado in relation to her patio mate, TheBeast.

Zukatah - if you are serious about the KK Big Bad 32, PM me with your phone number and we'll chat. It is HUGE and I use it to its fullest when I throw weekend parties. TheBeast, my BB32, is the single finest big cooker on the market. Period. Bar none.

The other member of the KK product line are built to the same exacting standards, are over engineered, and are more precisely thought out in their form and function than any other kamado ever built. Komodo Kamados are simply in a league by them selves.

We should chat, the very last thing I'll tell you on that phone call will be you need to talk with Dennis. His kamados sell themselves. He won't pressure one little bit. His is the lightest touch you'll ever experience in sales. He will talk with you as long as you like and never ask for the order. Your decision to buy a KK will be the single most natural decision you will ever make.

I know I'll talk to Dennis in the next 12 months but I know that in the week following that call, I'll get a massive charge on my credit card (or will wire some funds to Indonesia!). I'm set on getting a KK (why spend $2K on a Big Joe - current price in Canada - if I'll get a KK later on anyways) and will definitely get in touch with some members to help me with my reflection! At this stage, I know the BB is most likely overkill... but if there are no drawbacks at having it as your main grill and the extra space might come in handy at some point in the future, it could be worth the extra (same reasoning as KK vs Big Joe)! 

Thanks for the replies, I by no means want to hijack this thread so please show us some pictures and impressions of Beauty whenever she arrives!

Zukatah - you're not hijacking a thread in any way. Not to worry. If ever there is anything you want to know from a KK users standpoint, just start a thread here.

You'll see pics, LOTS of pics of both Beauty! and TheBeast from me, Smaug from WilburPan, posts from5698K, Eggary, etc. we'll help you in any way we can!