Firebox cracked

LongTong

Hello, LongTong:

I had the same experience with my Vision about four years ago not too long after I purchased it. I took a picture of the crack and sent it to "Help@visiongrills.com," and essentially asked them the same question as you posted here. I received a polite reply from Laurie, essentially saying what others have already said, here, with assurance that should the firebox fail, it would be replaced. I felt more reassured documenting the photo when it happened, so if in the future, the firebox does fail, I have it to fall back on, showing that I reached out once, and now I am doing what you advised back then. More than likely, it is probably not necessary, as Vision has shown that they offer excellent customer service, for the most part, here.

Thanks for the reply. Just make sure you register your unit. I did it on-line. Just needed to scan the receipt and fill out a few boxes. Easy...

• 1 month later...

My firebox cracked I think it was the very first time I used it and it was just a 250 degree smoke.

I emailed Vision, got a reply back in like 3 minutes.

I sent a picture in first email showing the crack it was a pretty decent crack pretty much the whole length top to bottom.

They sent me a new firebox free of charge was in the mail with tracking number within a few hours.

Somewhat embarrassingly this was over 2 years ago and I am still using that same cracked firebox, since I had never owned a Kamado before I thought for sure it was just going to fall into pieces the very next cook, although it has gotten worse just recently and probably will not last the rest of this year, at least I doubt it will. I cant believe that it has stayed in one piece.

But I have a brand new firebox ready to go when it does.

So far I have been very pleased with Visions customer care.

I also might add that because of that customer care everyone that asked me got a glowing recommendation and I personally sold at least 3 grills for them that I know of, maybe a few more. Most people respond very favorably when they hear of such prompt and solid customer service.

So whatever that firebox cost them (and they would have to replace it pretty soon anyway) it got them 3+ more sales, got them a very satisfied customer (me) and also 3 other satisfied customers (the 3 that bought a Classic B because of my recommendation) which I am sure will also recommend the Vision to anyone they know thats looking for a grill.

There are two ways that businesses survive today, they either spend millions lying to the public in various Media in order to sell as much product as possible while leaving the customer hanging because they cant afford to give really good customer care as they spent it all on advertising.

OR

They spend those millions on the very best top notch customer care possible and let the customers do their advertising for them.

THAT is the sign of a good company.

• 1 month later...

My firebox cracked after 1 year of heavy use. It cracked all the way through at 1 o'clock & at 4 o'clock. While waiting for the replacement to arrive I strapped the firebox back together by linking 3 stainless steel clamps ( Something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-7-in-Stainless-Steel-Clamp-6799595/202309383). Another year later my new year old replacement firebox from Vision is sitting at on the bottom shelf of my prep cart & the cracked fire box is still working great & the pizzas, steak, ribs, pork butt & briskets are cooking just fine.

I noticed mine was cracked during a cleaning last year..  It wasn't severe as some of them I've read, I've stopped removing the firebox to clean and just rake out the dust through the vent with something I made with a tent peg and paint stir stick..  It works perfect, can't complain!

• 6 months later...

i had an old Imperial that I sold for $350! all the innards were cracked, No cracks on the shell. I think it's going to crack, it is what it is.It is curious that Vision is the only kamado to incorporate the fire bowl and fire ring into one piece. I have a Vision B .  

So far my fire bowl is in excellent shape even tho I bbq all winter long in the northeast. I can say I had a problem with one of my bands and vision with a 5 minute phone call sent me a whole new kit for the bands. Here is a link to my post about just how good there customer service was. I've had to call for several minor things and they have always been quick to help and send any needed items. 

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/23367-outstanding-customer-service/?hl=outstanding

My Primo XL fire box had a hairline crack and I made a claim and they were going to ship me a new one but shipping is $50 bucks so I decided not to get it. Now my fire box is split in two.

Have them ship it for free to the nearest dealer. Call that dealer and let them know you'll pick it up next time you're in the area. Keep on cooking until then.

If it takes a few months - who cares keep grilling on.