tinyfish

Komodo Kamado owners advice needed.

I agree Dennis is very nice to speak to, no pressure tactics, just information.

Side note. Any KK owners have whats looks to be a black metallic tile Kk. That color seems to look nice.

tinyfish - I'm on an iPad right now otherwise I'd direct you to some of my posts featuring TheBeast, my KK BB 32". Just search for "TheBeast" and you should find several posts with pics. While TheBeast is a black pebble and not a black tile, it'll give you and idea of what you can expect. Also try the tag "KK BB 32" and that should also yield results.

Another avenues you might want to check is the KK website. There are all kinds of pics of various KKs both currently in stock and then there are even more pics of KKs that people have purchased. They took some beautiful pics of their KKs and sent them to Dennis for the KK website.

Finally, read the KK Forum, it's very extensive in dealing with all things KK.

I too have a 23" KK. Like the others, I had a BGE XL before I purchased my KK. I still have the BGE but I use that when I need another cooker.

Not that I going to pull the trigger right away but I would like to add a 32" KK. These cookers will last longer than us.

You won't go wrong.

Robert mentioned Dennis is working on a new 21" KK.  But I can't find any info on the KK site.  Where can I get more info about the 21" KK?

Hi, I plan to buy a KK and am doing some research as the KK is an expensive purchase. My questions:

Do the gaskets need replacement over time? How long?

There are no service outlets in my country. Are the gaskets replaceable by an ordinary owner with no experience?

4 hours ago, BBP8100 said:

Hi, I plan to buy a KK and am doing some research as the KK is an expensive purchase. My questions:

Do the gaskets need replacement over time? How long?

There are no service outlets in my country. Are the gaskets replaceable by an ordinary owner with no experience?

Yes eventually the gaskets will need replacing but I've had 2 KK's for years now, they get a lot of use, and I haven't replaced the gaskets yet. The gaskets are user replaceable and they give you a spare set of gaskets when you buy a KK. 

If you are contemplating buying a KK I would suggest you call Dennis. He'll usually answer the phone between 1-3 pm EST. He's a super nice guy, will answer all your questions, and he won't throw you a sales pitch. 

Thank you for the information. I didn't expect that a personal conversation with Dennis would be part of the process. It is a call that I look forward to making.