Komodo Kamado owners advice needed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I bought a second, if that's any indication! My first, a 23", was bought after I had used a BGE XL for a year or so. When you open the lid of a kk, and it basically lifts itself, and closes wit

Executive summary: I would buy my KK grill all over again in a heartbeat.   I’ve been more than happy with my KK grill. I have the 23” model, and it’s been perfect for our needs (family of four, occ

Hi Gurus!   Just got back in town from Houston.  I've got a major problem down there with an investment and it's gobbling up time.   tinyfish - I have a Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32' grill and wouldn'

Posted Images

tinyfish - I'm on an iPad right now otherwise I'd direct you to some of my posts featuring TheBeast, my KK BB 32". Just search for "TheBeast" and you should find several posts with pics. While TheBeast is a black pebble and not a black tile, it'll give you and idea of what you can expect. Also try the tag "KK BB 32" and that should also yield results.

Another avenues you might want to check is the KK website. There are all kinds of pics of various KKs both currently in stock and then there are even more pics of KKs that people have purchased. They took some beautiful pics of their KKs and sent them to Dennis for the KK website.

Finally, read the KK Forum, it's very extensive in dealing with all things KK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi, I plan to buy a KK and am doing some research as the KK is an expensive purchase. My questions:

Do the gaskets need replacement over time? How long?

There are no service outlets in my country. Are the gaskets replaceable by an ordinary owner with no experience?

4 hours ago, BBP8100 said:

Hi, I plan to buy a KK and am doing some research as the KK is an expensive purchase. My questions:

Do the gaskets need replacement over time? How long?

There are no service outlets in my country. Are the gaskets replaceable by an ordinary owner with no experience?

Yes eventually the gaskets will need replacing but I've had 2 KK's for years now, they get a lot of use, and I haven't replaced the gaskets yet. The gaskets are user replaceable and they give you a spare set of gaskets when you buy a KK. 

If you are contemplating buying a KK I would suggest you call Dennis. He'll usually answer the phone between 1-3 pm EST. He's a super nice guy, will answer all your questions, and he won't throw you a sales pitch. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/11/2020 at 10:12 AM, packfan said:

I want a KK, I really do but I just can’t justify the cost difference vs a new 24” Kamado Big Joe 3. 

Not to sound elietest, but thats like saying "I want a Porsche, but i cant justify the cost difference vs a new Subaru"...