Wes from Gourmet Guru Grill

GourmetGuruWes

What's the warranty like? Free shipping if purchased online? Dealers in Tennessee?

It's a limited lifetime warranty comparable to what's offered on other top-of-the-line ceramics - if there's any sort of issue due to manufacturer defect the part (or, if necessary, the entire grill) will be replaced for as long as you own the product. This does not include normal wear and tear or accidental damage. We are setting up dealers in TN - I'm aware of one in Memphis off the top of my head, but we are in the very beginning stages of development. Customer pays shipping if ordered online.

I go thru Wentzville on the way to StL, may stop there one day to check it out. We were in StL?, don't you live there? Do u have a picture of hinge on back?

I live in St. Peters, but the fellow I was running around with today lives down in Arkansas.

Here's that hinge:

IMG_0076_zpsc67cfbed.jpg

IMG_0077_zps6801044f.jpg

It's made from heavy duty steel. If you have any more questions shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to answer.

Tspud - I found out today that I actually had the hinge installed upside down. It works a lot better when the flat piece is on the top :)

When you open the lid, does the hinge go down towards the table top? Green egg does and Kamado Joe does not Table top would need a notch in back to allow egg to sit down in table or egg has to sit up higher. Cooker heights are different from one mfg to another even though they are close to same diameter.

post-7765-0-27614900-1423372804_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the gourmet guru, and have used it for over a year. I love the style of grill. It has been great for smoking and high temp  grilling for steaks. My only issue for the grill is that I have not been able to get a cast iron grate that fits it. The grill has almost no accessories. I was told when buying that everything for the BGE would fit the GGG. They lied because the cast iron grate did not fit. I got the grill for steaks, and after 6 months of being told they was getting the grate. I was finally told they would not. Since I got the grill primarily for steaks if I could go back I would have bought a different grill. I recommend doing more research. Since the GGG is new there are not many good reviews to compare. I did build my own table for considerably less. 

IMG_0740.JPG

On 7/23/2017 at 7:47 PM, Steak king said:

I have the gourmet guru, and have used it for over a year. I love the style of grill. It has been great for smoking and high temp  grilling for steaks. My only issue for the grill is that I have not been able to get a cast iron grate that fits it. The grill has almost no accessories. I was told when buying that everything for the BGE would fit the GGG. They lied because the cast iron grate did not fit. I got the grill for steaks, and after 6 months of being told they was getting the grate. I was finally told they would not. Since I got the grill primarily for steaks if I could go back I would have bought a different grill. I recommend doing more research. Since the GGG is new there are not many good reviews to compare. I did build my own table for considerably less. 

IMG_0740.JPG

I might suggest that grill grates would IMHO be superior to CI grates. Flip em over you get a great overall sear, grates up if you want the menu looking grill marks. I have CI and grill grates and that is my opinion. CI can be a pita to maintain too. Just my .02 but I suspect if you invest in some grill grates you will be quite happy.

nice looking set up BTW.