Sign in to follow this  
certified106

Kind of cooking over wood....

I am so jealous. I'm wanting to remove my fire place and replace with a stove. Is that a good unit? Model and brand name recommendations would be appreciated. I still like looking at the fire. Nice Cook Certified  

I have had three different stoves over the years and this is by far my favorite. It is a Pacific Energy Alderlea T6 with swing open cooking surface. The stove is actually welded steel and cast iron wrapped. We can easily heat 2500 sq foot of house even when it is well below zero outside.

I have had three different stoves over the years and this is by far my favorite. It is a Pacific Energy Alderlea T6 with swing open cooking surface. The stove is actually welded steel and cast iron wrapped. We can easily heat 2500 sq foot of house even when it is well below zero outside.

That's sounds great I'll check that out. I hate to sound stupid but how do you distribute the heat through out the house my, house is 2200 ft single level. Thanks for the info

That's sounds great I'll check that out. I hate to sound stupid but how do you distribute the heat through out the house my, house is 2200 ft single level. Thanks for the info
One method is to have your HVAC guy install a cold air return above your wood stove and run the fan on your furnace at all times to pull the heat from that room and distribute it throughout the house.

Great idea Mmmm. That's pretty simple, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I split a lot of fire wood and I love my fire place. I get some radiant heat and get to watch the mesmerizing fire. I just want to harvest the heat energy.

Ours is the T5 -- mid-sized, but our house is a a lot smaller, and we don't have central heat system.  They are a great stove made by a Canada outfit.  http://www.pacificenergy.net/products/wood/cast-iron-stoves/alderlea-t5/

Awesome...that takes me back to my childhood. I have an aunt and uncle that still use their wood stove that way. I remember my dad keeping his food warm in the garage on top of our stove while he was working on cars. Thanks for sharing.