I found and modified this recipe from the book "Guy on Fire" by Guy Fieri.  Between the Andouille, roasted Jalapenos, and flavor from the pimento and corn, you can't go wrong with this!  I guarantee you can't eat just one!

post-8059-0-01833900-1425446034_thumb.jp

• 2 Links Andouille sausage
  • Kernels from 1 large ear of corn
  • Kosher salt 
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • 6 Medium Jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise,
    seeds and ribs removed
  • 2 oz. Cream cheese, softened
  • 1 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
  • 4 oz jar diced pimento peppers, drained
  • 1 1/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp creole seasoning

1. Preheat grill to 350° F with no heat deflector.  Add wood chunks if desired. 
  2. Finely dice Andouille sausage and place in large saucepan over medium heat.  Brown for 8-10 minutes while continuing to break up pieces with a wooden spoon.  Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage from the pan.  Reserve oil in pan.
  3. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the saucepan and saute the corn kernels until slightly charred, about 10 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside to cool.
  4. Lightly oil the peppers, and place cut side down on the grill.  Cook until the flesh is marked and slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes.  Remove peppers from the grill, setup grill for indirect heat.
  5. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, 1 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder, paprika, creole seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.  Add the corn and Andouille and mix to combine.
  6. Spoon approximately 1 tbsp of the mixture into each pepper half.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
  7. Place peppers on the grill until tender, about 12 minutes.
  8. Carefully remove from the grill and serve right away.

Wow, i love me some andouille, jalepenos, chedda, garlic, peppa, paprika and cream cheese. I wonder why i never did this. Gotta rry it. Andouille may be my favorite snausage.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Marbque
      Been vacant for awhile had to make some poppers today. Used some Cattlemens tri-tip rub in the cream cheese...

• By DerHusker
      So I entered a pie contest and wanted to share my entry over here.

Here are most of the ingredients.

Made up some graham cracker crust. After smearing my CI pie pan with some butter flavored Crisco I press in the crust.

Made up a bacon weave and placed it on the kamado.

Because I couldn’t flip the weave I placed my bacon press on the burner for 10 minutes. After it’s smoking hot I placed it on top of the weave.

While that cooks I prep my jalapeños.

On the grill they go for 15 minutes along with the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350.

After the weave is cooked I place it in the bottom of the pie crust.

Then the smoked jalapeño rings and the cream cheese pie filling.

Now the pie goes into the kamado for 40 minutes at 350.

Here is the result.

After letting it cool to room temp and then in the fridge I spread on the Raspberry Jalapeño topping.

And decorate.

Plated shots.

And this was my entry photo.

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      I am getting my plants ready for spring planting and some going to friends.    What you see in the photos is Roma tomato plants in bin and on on shelf, some basil, jalapeño peppers, peppercini peppers, and sweet bell.   I have some seeds germinating for spearmint, peppermint, lemon basil, sweet basil, Thai basil, cinnamon basil, marigold regular and jumbo, tarragon, lavender,

my my other seed starter has English daisy, rosemary, sage, summer thyme, Greek oregano, and egg plant that not yet ready for transplanting to small pots yet.  The English daisy, sage, summer thyme should be ready for transplanting next weekend.     

• By Dub
      Well.........Teenage T-Rex cooked grilled cheese sammiches for his girlfriend the other day.

Figured that I'd increase his capabilities by introducing a George Foreman grill.

He was game.

We took it on it's maiden voyage today for lunch.

Figured I'd make a batch of my smash burgers and run it through it's paces.

He was in the midst of each step.

Small countertop...I manned the cutting board......he manned the grill.

Usual suspects gathered....

He devoured the first thing to come off this grill.....to slices of bacon.

More followed......

Ankle-biters emerged as soon as bacon started being cooked......

The smash burgers were too large for the Foreman.......made a mess of them.

The thing cooks onions and bacon like a champ, though !!!!!!!!

• By philpom
      This is a wonderful savory and satisfying soup.  This recipe will make 2 meal size servings or 4 side servings.

1 large green bell pepper
      1 large red bell pepper
      1 small onion
      2 medium yellow squash
      3/4 cup fresh small broccoli florets 
      4 oz of cooked breakfast sausage (pre-cooked weight)
      1 1/3 cups of milk
      1 1/3 cups of water
      2 beef bullion cubes
      black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste

Slice and steam the squash, you want it mushy.  Slice the peppers and onions and saute in oil until tender but not over done.  Now combine everything in to a medium pan and slowly bring to a slow boil stirring often.  Reduce temp and simmer until the broccoli is tender.  Serve hot and top with grated hard cheese such as Parmesan.  Enjoy!