Never heard of this before. Not even seen it on bk's website. I googled it and the removable ash tray and lower vent seem interesting.

Would love to. Hear some reviews. If any owners are lurking and shy about posting please chug a beer and share the experience. Especially if you have experience on the 4000 or other kamados.

Huh. Now it's on bk's website. 4000 is gone. Maybe the 4000 went the way of the T. rex. When did this become available? First I have heard of it.

The 5000 is new for this year and yes it is intended to replace the 4000.  The 5000 has a smooth finish in a subtle grey colour.

The removable ash tray resembles the Vision series model in some ways and or the KJ idea as well.  I have a 2000 and it's been awesome.  I'd buy the new 5000 if I was in the market.  Not sure now with the difference in the dollar what they are selling for south of the border but here they are $995.00.

Jamie - that is one nice looking Keg!  I don't see many and I'm always interested in pics of them.  That is one very fine looking Keg cook you posted!  Thanks!  Kudos on that cook.  Let's see some more!   :good:  :good:

Lol!!!! My pix are always upside down. Must be keg owners are tech challenged.

I'm lookin for the Don't like Button    :-D   Speak for yourself  :)  :)

Just upgraded from the 2000 to the 5000.  Doing a 500 F burn off right now, followed by a spatchcock chicken.  Tomorrow brisket and beef ribs.

20150508_170005_zpsya6obo35.jpg

Notice this picture is right side up  :-D

Nice work getting the pic right side up. Maybe there is hope for us keg owners. How did you accomplish that? I was thinking maybe I should start doing handstands while photographing.

my buddy just picked one up. He said it was love at first site.  They are pretty awesome looking!!

That's only the beginning!