BEER-N-BBQ by Larry

Roasted Garlic, Rosemary, Sourdough, & Sea Salt Dinner Rolls

Here is the recipe asked for from the Cooking Showcase forum:

post-15-0-53421300-1428537173_thumb.jpg

Makes about 42 rolls, so divide/multiple as necessary for your needs:

6-8 oz Sourdough Starter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LOX-lS-a5w)

2 cups Warm Milk (105-115 deg)

10 Tbsp Melted Butter (about 1 stick will do as well)

6 Tbsp Sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsp Salt

1 head Roasted Garlic (oiled and foiled at 400 deg F for 25-30 minutes) cooled, squeezed, and mushed into paste

~2 Tbsp chopped Fresh Rosemary (amount depends on your taste and strength of herb)

~7 cups Bread Flour (to start)

1 tsp active dry yeast (optional)

0-1 additional cups Bread Flour (to add until moist but not sticky)

Mix everything (except for the last cup of flour) and knead.

Add the extra flour while kneading until dough is smooth and elastic. I used a stand mixer for about five minutes on the slower dough hook speed.

Let rise in oiled bowl until doubled.

Punch down and optionally rise again.

Form into 2 oz wt rolls on oiled or parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Let rise while covered with oiled plastic wrap.

Heat oven to 425 deg F.

Brush rolls with egg wash (2 eggs whipped).

Sprinkle with Sea Salt on top.

Bake 18-22 minutes or until  golden brown and baked through (int tmp >200 deg)

Later, reheat in oven at around 400 deg for several minutes if necessary before serving.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By philpom
      "Pickled" Dill Bread

1 cup of water + 1 tbs
      1/3 cup of white vinegar
      4 cups of all purpose flour
      1/4 cup of potato flakes
      4 1/2 tbs white sugar
      2 1/2 tbs powder milk
      2 tsp kosher salt
      3 tbs butter
      4 tsp instant dry yeast
      1 heaping tbs dill seed.

Combine according to your bread machine instructions. Mine says add fluid, flour, other - being certain the yeast does not come in contact with any water.

Use the knead/dough only quick cycle. Once the cycle is completed remove the dough ball and form a "log" blob. Have a pre-warmed pizza stone ready with a heating pad underneath set to high to keep it warm. The stone should be a gentle warm and not hot. Place a large clear bowl over the dough and allow an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours to rise. I put some cornmeal on the stone to help prevent sticking.

Place in the kamado preheated to 350 degrees setup for indirect cooking and bake for about 50 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when you tap on it.

Cut and serve - be sure to try it still warm with butter!

Look at this topic for some picture of what it might look like:
      viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2819
    • By St1brew
      My very first attempt at bread was from a box. I did want it to be easy and quick as I felt I was dipping my toe into the baking water. So here is the box we used.

Very easy to make just add water and let it rise for 45 minutes to an hour.
      Get the grill up to 400f and on it goes for 25 to 30 minutes

Put it on a greased pizza pan on the top rack, I wish I had thrown it on a sheet of parchment. I did get some light sticking to pan when I checked it at the 20 minute mark.
      This is how it looked pulled after 30 minutes.

Second pic you can see where the sticking occurred...
      Served it up with some homemade Scottish cabbage stew that the misses made last night. If you've never had, it is wonderful and very easy to make also it comes from a local restaurant(we know a lady who used to work there). I can post the recipe if anyone is interested. It's basically cabbage, carrots hot sausage and chicken stock topped up with cheese and served with(you guessed it) a big ole hunk of bread! Here's the dinner pick.

My wife also put together a peach cobbler that she asked if it could be grilled as well, to which I replied; I'll give it a shot!
      Peaches, cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, butter, brown sugar, and rolled oats. Mix cinnamon and nutmeg with peaches until well coated. Put them into pan. Slice a stick of butter into 1'' pads and put on top of peaches. Sprinkle an even coating of brown sugar to cover all peaches, then oats on top to cover. Put into grill at 400f and take off when browned on top. Pretty sure you could use any fruit in the world and it would turn out amazing. We have also done the same recipe but added bourbon into the fruit, this is awesome as well. 

On the grill!

Finished! Awesome and easy! May try a more challenging bread recipe soon.

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Cooked a brisket for our Church Brunch (Roasted chicken, brisket, candied sweet potatoes, green beans, mac & cheese). Started it 9pm and wrapped it in butcher paper the last hour to get it off by 9am. Granted this is an extremely horrible brisket pic but, after two long shifts and basically no sleep, I was incapable of properly operating a camera. I did discover that I can basically cook a brisket sleepwalking however. 

The Macaroni Grill style bread

leftovers for today's breakfast.

• By John Setzler
      Here's a really simple loaf that has the added flavor benefit of a poolish....

Overall recipe ingredients:

425g Bread Flour
      320g Water
      8.5g salt
      7g yeast

The technique I used here was to make a poolish from 75g of the overall flour and 100g of the overall water.  Instead of just a pinch of active dry yeast, I used 15g of my sourdough starter instead.  I mixed that up and let it do it's magic overnight for 12 hours.  

Today, I combined that poolish with the rest of the water at 95 degrees the mixed in the rest of the ingredients and let the dough hook knead it for 10 minutes.  I shaped that into a dough ball and let it rise covered in a greased bowl for 90 minutes.  

I took that out and shaped it into my cast iron loaf pan.  I let that rise for another 30 mintues.  

I put it on the Kamado Joe at 475 degrees for 20 minutes with a foil cover and then uncovered for another 20 minutes...