Greeting From Gold Bar

lawngnomekiller

Greetings fellow Fire Fiends, Recently aquired my new Akorn. Couldn't resist the sale price. So far I have tried Chicken, Pork Tenderloin, and (Yesterday) my first Brisket.

Thanks to the low and slow thread I finally have better control of my temps.

Keep on Cookin', Kewl Kats!

LawnGnomeKiller

Killer - welcome to Kamado Guru and welcome to The Addiction! That little Akorn is a very good first kamado and you'll love the food you cook on it! We're glad you found us. Don't be a stranger; post often, especially pics of your cooks on that Akorn. Jump on in and join the conversation. Again, welcome!

Welcome to this friendly forum.  There must be a story behind your name...  Anyway, Gold Bar is a place I go through quite often, so happy to welcome you from another Washingtonian.  I have an Akorn Jr. and a Vision.  Take advantage of this great weekend to cook up a (don't dare say storm) feast!

GnomeKiller - for a cleaning burn, I generally do a burn at 500°F for an hour and then I'll do a steak sear before shutting down my kamado. Anything over 500° is, in my estimation, unnecessary and too hot. Above 600° and you stand a very good chance of frying your gaskets.

GnomeKiller - for a cleaning burn, I generally do a burn at 500°F for an hour and then I'll do a steak sear before shutting down my kamado. Anything over 500° is, in my estimation, unnecessary and too hot. Above 600° and you stand a very good chance of frying your gaskets.

Thanks  CeramicChef - That's the info I need. I will be trying that out as soon as I get back from a run into town.

Keep on Kookin' Kewl Kats

LawnGnomeKiller

Howdy !

Great to see another happy kamado griller going at it.   

GnomeKiller - I can't stand it any longer! What's the story behind your name? This has got to be good ...

I was thinking the same thing. :rofl:

I recently bought a new car and needed a clean email address for only important stuff like car insurance. I thought to myself ... Self, what is the last thing that GEICO would want to see in a customer ... Hmmm, someone that backs over lawn gnomes with their car. I checked gmail and found that lawngnomekiller was available, so there you have it.

Great image have I to share once placement here is figured out and yoda-speak clears up.

Keep kookin kewl kats

LawnGnomeKiller

I recently bought a new car and needed a clean email address for only important stuff like car insurance. I thought to myself ... Self, what is the last thing that GEICO would want to see in a customer ... Hmmm, someone that backs over lawn gnomes with their car. I checked gmail and found that lawngnomekiller was available, so there you have it.

Great image have I to share once placement here is figured out and yoda-speak clears up.

Keep kookin kewl kats

LawnGnomeKiller

That's too funny! A mind like yours is going to be watched ... by the NSA! LOL!