Oly Smokes

Another update to my new bbq gazebo

Well believe it or not I actually get lots of flies and mosquitos as soon as I turn any lights on. Heck I can barely even get my charcoal lit before having several flies swarming around. Lol.they must be able to smell all that good bbq.

I used western red cedar for my whole table. As far a a stain I don't remember the name off the top of my head. But just make sure it's a good oil based stain.

I don't know if you ever saw my complete table build from start to finish. But here's a link

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/13436-my-big-joe-table-build-start-to-finish/

I used western red cedar for my whole table. As far a a stain I don't remember the name off the top of my head. But just make sure it's a good oil based stain.

I don't know if you ever saw my complete table build from start to finish. But here's a link

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/13436-my-big-joe-table-build-start-to-finish/

BTW, do you remember the color of stain?

Ah ha I found it. Here's a link to the website of the stain I used. This may be hard for you to find locally where you live. Luckily I have a paint store near me that carries it. But this brand has gotten great reviews when I was doing my research.

I went with the 100 series. And if you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see their color choices. I believe I went with the "rustic" color. But honestly once it dried it was really orange color. If I had to do it again I would probably go with the cedar color. Hope this helps

http://www.twpstain.com/twp-100-series

Ah ha I found it. Here's a link to the website of the stain I used. This may be hard for you to find locally where you live. Luckily I have a paint store near me that carries it. But this brand has gotten great reviews when I was doing my research.

I went with the 100 series. And if you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see their color choices. I believe I went with the "rustic" color. But honestly once it dried it was really orange color. If I had to do it again I would probably go with the cedar color. Hope this helps

http://www.twpstain.com/twp-100-series

Wow, thanks man. This really helps answer so many questions. I appreciate it .

No problem. One piece of advice make sure you're staining in a well ventilated area cause it has strong fumes. And I would put a tarp down first so you don't drip everywhere and make a mess. Cause this stain is about as thin as water. It doesn't take much on your brush or rag to wipe it down.

if you look in my table build thread you'll see one picture with my wife in the background helping me staining out in my garage. She was also 7 months pregnant at the time. She was a huge trooper and big help for me. I was a little scared about her being pregnant and being around all those fumes. But she was brave and we worked well into the late late night and early morning for a couple days.

No problem. One piece of advice make sure you're staining in a well ventilated area cause it has strong fumes. And I would put a tarp down first so you don't drip everywhere and make a mess. Cause this stain is about as thin as water. It doesn't take much on your brush or rag to wipe it down.

if you look in my table build thread you'll see one picture with my wife in the background helping me staining out in my garage. She was also 7 months pregnant at the time. She was a huge trooper and big help for me. I was a little scared about her being pregnant and being around all those fumes. But she was brave and we worked well into the late late night and early morning for a couple days.

Haha, yes I saw you mentioned she was prego and saw she was helping out. Thats awesome. Good woman you have. Thanks for the advise. I'll try and move it in between inside and out of the garage when I'm ready.