Sign in to follow this  
crawfish_poboy

First Try at Grilled Hot Wings

OK so first go at some hot wings on the joe jr and man did they turn out great. Nothing fancy with the prep as I'd never had grilled wings before. Simple salt and pepper sprinkle and onto the grill which varied in temp from 350-400 -- cooked 35 mins or so. After that a bath in a couple different sauces to test out which flavors we liked best...

Little beer while grill gets rollin

post-8217-0-96213200-1429674549_thumb.jp

Getting there

post-8217-0-39841400-1429674565_thumb.jp

Plated with 2 different sauces

post-8217-0-18601400-1429674580_thumb.jp

Money...

post-8217-0-67152500-1429674430_thumb.jp

thanks for taking a peek :)

Great money shot they look tasty

Thanks Aussie. I was pretty impressed to be quite honest. I'm still amazed at how well food comes out on these kamado cookers. Makes me look like a hero to my wife... lol
Yeah they do put out an awesome feed stoked I got mine and it's always good to be the hero lol I said to dee in jest I'm going to get rid of the Joe she said like h_ll you are

Awesome !!!!!!

Grilled wings are a game changer.   It's the only way I now make them and truth be told....my family prefers them to ribs.  They are relatively easy to make and there are a bunch of great rubs to try on them.  We like BBQ sauce on ours.

Great Texas brewery you sipped from right there, too. :good:   I like everything Shiner, except maybe their Ruby Redbird.  Haven't tried the version you posted.......yet.

Welcome to the wing lovers club.  

Awesome !!!!!!

Grilled wings are a game changer.   It's the only way I now make them and truth be told....my family prefers them to ribs.  They are relatively easy to make and there are a bunch of great rubs to try on them.  We like BBQ sauce on ours.

Great Texas brewery you sipped from right there, too. :good:   I like everything Shiner, except maybe their Ruby Redbird.  Haven't tried the version you posted.......yet.

Welcome to the wing lovers club.  

I love a good Shiner. First time I've had this variety and I would definitely buy it again :)