Couple of great items I've stumbled onto.....great flavors ! Whatcha got ???????

Dub

Couple items that I've recently stumbled onto:

cBEqMBl.png

The flavor found in each of these cans is outstanding.  

Starting to see them in different local grocery stores now.  

Good stuff !!

The next pair is a couple of excellent products from Mad Hunky.

http://madhunkymeats.com

s10xefB.jpg?1

Jrow recommended the wing rub to me a while back and I ordered a pound of it to try.  He knew that I enjoyed grilled hot wings when he made the recommendation and the rub is very much to my liking.  The heat is not what this rub is all about, however, it's the other great flavor that goes along with it.  The heat isn't all that much and they offer a second version that is much hotter.  I'm not that crazy about stuff that's insanely hot. This standard version is right on time for me. :)

I've used this rub on almost every wing cook I've done since getting it.  Sometimes I'll use it in combination with another rub.  I've found some great combinations, too.

Well.....I killed that first pound of rub surprisingly fast and reordered another pound.  This has become a staple.  While on their webpage, I poked around  and saw their poultry brine.

I figured what the heck, I'll go ahead and get some, too.  Never know until you try it, right ?

I went ahead and ordered two packs and I regret not ordering more than that. :good:

5 tbsp of the brine powder mixed with two cups of tap water........stirs in and blends very easily.  

My wife has been broiling chicken breasts in the oven a lot over the past few weeks.   We've been brining them for anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.

The results are nothing short of excellent.   Moist, flavorful and not overly spiced in any direction.  Even the overnight soak was just right.  Impossible to overdo it with this stuff in terms of time.

I'm looking forward to doing some wings and whole birds in the future.  I have no reason to think that it'll not work well on turkey, too.

We've got some boneless chops in the brine now.  Gonna see how they do.

Anyway, folks.....just wanted to pass along a couple of things I have really found to be rock solid products that I'll keep in the cabinets all the time from now on.

When I thanked Jrow.....he also put me on another all-purpose rub.  I've ordered a couple bottles and will be using it as soon as I can.   I'll update this thread with the results.

Please, please, please feel free to post up similar findings that you've recently stumbled across if you'd think others would like them.

OK Dub... Here's a hidden gem that you, or JROW or somebody on here turned me on to..

Chubacabra Rub.... This stuff is like butter or bacon... In that it makes EVERYTHING better. Love this stuff. Been a while since I ordered from them, and it looks like they've added a lot of cool stuff. Super customer service too.

http://www.2gringossalsa.com

post-4752-0-60470200-1429743577.jpg

OK Dub... Here's a hidden gem that you, or JROW or somebody on here turned me on to..

Chubacabra Rub.... This stuff is like butter or bacon... In that it makes EVERYTHING better. Love this stuff. Been a while since I ordered from them, and it looks like they've added a lot of cool stuff. Super customer service too.

http://www.2gringossalsa.com

Bamsucka !!!!!!!!!!!

That is the exact stuff Jrow told me about !!!!!!!!

I have two bottles on the way.   I'm eager to try it. :good:

Any suggestions as to what I try it on first ?

First? You want instant gratification? Bloody Mary. Oh, Maria, Maria... You'll be singing along with Santana.

Any pork or chicken, pre-grill and post-grill. It's a rub, but I'm telling you, it's good as a finishing seasoning as salt & pepper. Pulled pork for tacos or nachos? Muy Bueno!! Heck, it even brings the el-cheapo frozen burritos to life.

I'm not crazy about really spicy hot stuff, but this is really good complex seasoning. If your looking for really hot stuff, I'm sure they can fill that bill too, but this stuff is addictive.

Well.......I'm in luck.

Wife said the USPS lady came early today bearing gifts.

tzOAUvj.jpg?2

I did the shook some out and gave it the old finger test.........great flavors that would be good on....well...everything.     Looking forward to giving this a test drive soon.

UPDATE:   My wife brought us home a late lunch from our favorite spot two miles away....chicken fajitas.   I tried the rub on the rice, frijoles and chicken.  Outstanding flavors.   Very pleased.  

With great power, comes great responsibility. Use the chupacabra, don't let t use you. It is a mythical beast of legendary tales, Some would say it's urban legend. It's like dancing with the daughter of the devil himself, it's like looking for an angel in white.

Great stuff. Goes with everything (almost).

With great power, comes great responsibility. Use the chupacabra, don't let t use you. It is a mythical beast of legendary tales, Some would say it's urban legend. It's like dancing with the daughter of the devil himself, it's like looking for an angel in white.

Great stuff. Goes with everything (almost).

:worship:

I noticed that as I looked into that Chucabra bottle long enough.........the bottle looked into me.............