It's not grilling but at least it's tasty. A few meatballs & marinara over angel hair.....

Felt like doing an easy to make meal in the kitchen while enjoying some tunes and strong iced tea  this afternoon.  

Newer stuff:

58nBP3l.png

Old stuff:

MsincVG.png

Italian sausage & lean ground beef and the usual suspects.

fTEcAmk.png

x4Njx3F.png

cJhyLd2.png

Sautéed the onion & sweet pepper with some Chupacabra rub & fresh ground pepper......marinara sauce with black olives added to pot later and simmered while the meatballs cooked in the oven on a handy broiling pan.

Kitchen was at least sounding & smelling good due to the meatballs cooking and the garlic, basil and other seasonings in the sauce simmering.

Crazy looking meatballs.....but the flavor was way better than the appearance.....thankfully. 

oyZmgx0.png

Did a few of them as moink-balls for my son.   He wants some for breakfast. ???   Okay, kid....you may be onto something.....we'll see.

I know the black olives don't really look appealing in the sauce.....but my wife and I love 'em.     There is a certain brand that she buys that we really prefer......red can.....pitted.....can't remember the brand.

qUgmAGB.png

Start to finish was just at an hour. 

qWM4JLd.png

Everything was really good by their comments.....I thought it was okay.....but just nowhere in the ballpark of the herb-smoked recipe that John put up a couple months ago.  Those were the best I've ever made.  So good, in fact that I was begged to do another batch the very next day.  

I just don't get into the cooking as much when there is no grill involved.   :rofl:

My wife rushed me outa the kitchen and cleaned up the mess I made and I've been resigned to watching my Cavaliers get their teeth kicked in by the Bulls and transitioning off tea to ice water.   Gonna get a good night's sleep tonight.  

Hope you all are doing well today and thanks for looking.

Dub - Buddy, I give it up to you ... Great meatball cook! Great sauce cook! Great everything! Kudos all over this cook.

And I too love ripe olives in my marinara. I use chopped ripe olives. Looks just like coarse ground pepper. Adds a depth of flavor that really makes it quite tasty. Nicely done.

Another great looking cook Dub.

Thank you !

Dub - Buddy, I give it up to you ... Great meatball cook! Great sauce cook! Great everything! Kudos all over this cook.

And I too love ripe olives in my marinara. I use chopped ripe olives. Looks just like coarse ground pepper. Adds a depth of flavor that really makes it quite tasty. Nicely done.

Thank you, Ken.   I appreciate it.

I"m going to take this a step further next time and do some quick knife work on those olives before adding them into the sauce.  I think the appearance will be way more appealing. :good:    Thank you for the idea.

Had my MRI this afternoon and it went off as planned.....without a hitch.   My doc had me dosed up on fairly heavy initial dose of Valium one-hour prior to the scan and a kicker pill for just before the procedure.  I guess he was gonna safeguard against me getting claustrophobic and going nuts in the tube.    It was a nonevent and I had a super technician.  100% easier than my last MRI.....had to do back-to-back sessions with a blown out ankle that was positioned in the worst possible way during the scans.  I wanted to slap the fool that taped it down like that.  That particular aspect was worse than the following ankle surgery by far.  Today, though.....piece of cake.

I'd not eaten today....not hungry.......but laying in the tube found my mind wandering on what we had on hand that'd be quick and easy to make.......meatballs became the plan. :rofl:

Funny how quick and appetite can be sparked under odd conditions.

Also......my new bbq toy showed up this morning as if my magic.   Just order the thing Saturday evening.  

I checked on the probe recall list that was mentioned in your thread......I'm safe with these.  Couldn't find the ambient or addition probes when I ordered.....I'll look around locally, too, but I'd rather use the discount card and go through iDevices.  

sNhpEFu.png

Configuring my iPad as per their suggestions and will have it on the wife's recipe book holder in the kitchen for a cook....soon.

Dub - glad to hear your MRI was a nonevent. I've had several MRIs and they all have to be of the Open Sided MRI variety. I don't do ssmall, enclosed, close spaces well. I'd wreck that machine if they tried to roll me in that tube. Positively wreck it.

I've used my iGrill a couple of times since I got mine and I love it. No issues to speak of with range. Go to iDevices web site for the additional probes. I doubt I ever need more than two, but ...

You be we'll and let me know what the results of the MRI are, would you please?

Great looking cook, Dub, even without a grill! I haven't heard Hypnotic Eye, but Southern Accents is my favorite Petty album, with Full Moon Fever being a close second! Great choice of tunes...

Hypnotic Eye is a great, great new album.  Petty is back strong on this one.  Great guitar hooks that I enjoy.

Agreed on Full Moon Fever.

Good music when I'm driving !

Qm4mZhx.png

Great tunes... Great grub... And with family... Don't get no better

Thanks.   Sure is great to wind down the day together at the table.

Dub - glad to hear your MRI was a nonevent. I've had several MRIs and they all have to be of the Open Sided MRI variety. I don't do ssmall, enclosed, close spaces well. I'd wreck that machine if they tried to roll me in that tube. Positively wreck it.

I've used my iGrill a couple of times since I got mine and I love it. No issues to speak of with range. Go to iDevices web site for the additional probes. I doubt I ever need more than two, but ...

You be we'll and let me know what the results of the MRI are, would you please?

Sure thing.   I'm reviewing the results with the ortho-doc on Thursday. 

I'm grateful as I can be on the huge improvement over the weekend.  Even if it was a med-cocktail that brought it on.  Looking forward to getting my ugly #### back to work. :rofl:

Great looking balls dude.  ;) ..and that igrill is making me drool.

Thanks.

That iGrill is a reminder to me, though, that I'm careless.   :evil:         

I let a perfectly good Maverick ET-732 get waterlogged on an overnight cook.    That Maverick served me really well for 5 years  and had an insanely good remote range. :!:  :!:  :!:

I was drawn in with the cool tech features provided by this new one, though......app abilities and easy time-temp charts....and I like the extra probe capability for the larger cooks that occasionally happen.

That, plus CC laid it out so logically in his thread and other's have attested to the strong customer service experience they've had with the company.......it just compelled me to go with it vs another trusty Maverick.    We'll see how it goes soon enough.

Awesome cook Dub! Meatballs and marinara....mmmmm. I would definitely be down with olives in the sauce. I love 'em and if it's the same ones I use....they're made by Lindsay. Please let us know about your MRI.