Question for Joe Jr owners.

Oly Smokes

Oh ok. Yeah I normally do spatchcock too. But I've had the KJ chicken stand for a while now and haven't used it yet. Not a big deal if it won't fit standing upright on a jr I hope to get next week. Now I have my new classic that will work good for that.

Well I guess this would be my solution. I remember seeing this post a long time ago and just came across it again. Would need to buy a few extra parts, but with the ability to lower the entire cooking rack a little he said you can use the chicken stand on the jr.

Looks like a very nice concept for doing a two zone cook on a jr. Although it would still be tight on space for most cooks. But it's a possibility, having to use BGE pieces for their small grill

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/17368-2-level-cooking-on-the-kj-jr/

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on trying a beer butt chicken on the Joe Jr and it looks like there are a few ways to squeeze a chicken into the Jr.

Has anyone experimented with more than one of these methods and have a preference? (Cook directly on heat deflector without grid, lower the heat deflector with hooks, remove the fire ring etc)

Cheers,

Ben