Sign in to follow this  
ncn8tive

New Big Joe Owner Question

Yesterday I picked up a Big Joe from the Costco road show event. This is my third smoker/grill purchase. I am an owner of two weber smokey mountain smokers (18 and 22) and am looking forward to the ease of cooking with the ceramic grill.

Last evening I was able to successfully assemble the Big Joe. After assembly I read the installation manual and found a package of three gasket strips. I cannot find any reference to the purpose of the strips in the manual or the online installation videos. Can someone give me some guidance on their purpose?

I'm looking forward to many years of use with the new Big Joe.

Thank you,

ncn8tive

PS My fire divider was cracked on arrival. How easy is the warranty claim process?

ncn8tive - first off, welcome to Kamado Guru! We're glad you found us, so don't be a stranger!

Second, congrats on scoring a KJ Big Joe. You'll find in about a couple of weeks that your WSMs have become nothing more than storage for garden mplements and BBQ gear. It happens all the time!

Third, stop on by the Introductions Section, if you haven't already done so, and give us a proper intro, ok? Thanks!

Lastly, can't help with the strips. I've not seen those before.

Looking at a display model Big Joe at BBQ country this morning, I would have to say those gaskets go in the stand near the legs on the frame part the stand where the Big Joe would sit down on to. I am assuming this is to protect ceramic finish etc on Big Joe when sitting in the frame.