1st rib Cook and challenged by crock pot buddy

Crock pot ribs...

What's next, sous vide?  ;-)

(FWIW, sous vide baby back ribs *are* delicious...)

As a matter of fact, I've kinda thought of doing Sous Vide ribs! I've got a Sous Vide Tri-Tip in the pot right now for dinner, so why not some Sous Vide ribs? I think I'm gonna try a sear on a rack of St Louis cut ribs or Baby Backs in the Sous Vide and see what happens. Should happen in the next couple of weeks. I'll do one regular and one Sous Vide and do a taste test side by side.

Bwarbiany - how did you do your Sous Vide Ribs?

Crock pot ribs...

What's next, sous vide?  ;-)

(FWIW, sous vide baby back ribs *are* delicious...)

As a matter of fact, I've kinda thought of doing Sous Vide ribs! I've got a Sous Vide Tri-Tip in the pot right now for dinner, so why not some Sous Vide ribs? I think I'm gonna try a sear on a rack of St Louis cut ribs or Baby Backs in the Sous Vide and see what happens. Should happen in the next couple of weeks. I'll do one regular and one Sous Vide and do a taste test side by side.

Bwarbiany - how did you do your Sous Vide Ribs?

I just posted about it in the "Indoor Cooking" forum... I found my cook "notes", i.e. an old Google+ post...

Country style ribs aren't actually ribs per se (more like chops or sliced shoulder - depending on the source), but I could definitely see doing them in a crockpot.  I know they work well in the oven with a rich sweet and sour type sauce to keep them moist.  It is easy to dry them out if you cook them like regular ribs.