Due to thunderstorms, I had to do this in my oven.  :/

Oven set at max temp of 525f.  Set on my Kitchen Supply Old Stone (seriously great).  I also used my new peel and pizza cutter, WOW!  :)

Homemade crust, Gattuso pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, green olives,  mozzarella, parmesan, sliced fresh garlic and bacon.

Straight rain, the gazebo does the job, 90km/h wind gusts, it's useless.  lol

Thanks for looking!

IMG_20150530_150059.jpg

The mat is also new!  I forgot to add it in one of my haul posts!  

IMG_20150530_155929.jpg\

IMG_20150530_1620352.jpg

Better than take out pizza any day.  Even though it wasn't done on the kamado, it was still freakin amazing!

I guess its good to use the oven once and a while.

Haha yeah in the winter, but it was crappy outside, lots of lightning so didn't have much choice.

Funny thing is I think it took longer for the oven to reach 525f.  lol

Outstanding, Bigs. :good:  :good:

Thanks Jack!  :)

Yeah the WN isn't very accurate.  They seem to have it good for bad weather, but when it's for good weather, it's almost always off.  lol    I know they are predictions though.  :)

But I think the issue in my case is they take the data from the Ottawa Airport, which is 45 mins away.  If I need to plan I tend to take the mixture of a few weather apps.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By VeLoRoK
      Did this on the dojoe, between 550°-600°. I used the Forkish Saturday recipe, but popped it in the fridge for 26 hours after the 2 hour bulk ferment, before dividing and shaping. Fantastic crispy outside, chewy yet pillowy inside. Buffalo Mozz and salami. So good.

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Pizza tasted very good.   I used my Joe Jr. to Roast the Chicken Reshmi Kebabs and used my vision Classic B to bake the individual pizza.   For the cheese I used paneer cheese, extra old cheddar and pizza mozzarella.  The sauce for pizza was the serving sauce for Chicken Reshmi Kebabs.   This pizza will now be part of my pizza repertoire.   

• By Nnank76
      hey guys,

Ive had a few pizza sessions on my kj classic 2. Although the last time i warped the steel firebox ring so not sure that should count as successful! I thought it aould be good to ask a kj specific question.  

My set up is deflectors on the grill in top position. Spacers on top of that with pizza stone then on top.

So my question/s is when doing high heat cooks:
      1. How long do u let the kj heat sink for? I have just opened the vents and let it ride. When up to 650/700 put pizzas on.
      2. Where do people set their vents? How open is the bottom and top? As above i nlrmally just open them up and stick the pizza on at above the 650/700 mark.
      3. How long should this sort of temp last or is safe for the kj? If i had a pizza party how long could this keep up for eg.

Any advice or thoughts is welcome?

Cheers
      Nathan

• By gordo2212
      Best one to date. Pictures of just taken off the grill and then added some arugula and sprinkle of EVOO and pecorino romano. 

• By HokieOC
      Saturday pizza has become a regular thing at our house, per my son’s request. I had a good thing going with the KJ Classic and a 15” stone setup, down to a science. But a few weeks ago decided to change it up and try pizzas on the Akorn Jr, half to use less charcoal on the high temp and half cause I had a steel I’d never used. And half just for the challenge....okay that’s three halves. But I digress....first couple weeks went okay, a little learning curve with the AkJ getting to temp MUCH faster and the possibility of overshooting temp, coupled with the steel getting and retaining heat much easier than the stone. 

Last weekend I burnt the crap out of the bottom of three of four pies (finally got it to cool down a bit by the last one...should have given more time after I charred the first). Having to wait a week for redemption is killing me, but I ordered the canning rack I’ve seen many use on here for the Junior setup, so fingers crossed tonight goes better. And I’ll definitely be watching my temps and shooting the steel with an IR thermometer. I’m hoping more separation of the steel and deflector in addition to getting the stew up higher in the dome makes the difference.