Pizza question

thanks

I put a lot of effort into it getting it nice and round

and when I was transferring it to the stone the bottom stuck 1/2 way on and almost messed the whole thing up, I almost had to make a big calzone out of it lol

I am getting a pizza peel from Rest Depot tomorrow

That should do the trick. Plus a little practice

Butt - to keep from making a calzone when you want pizza, put the pizza on a peel sprinkled with corn meal.  Alternatively, if you don't like the corn meal idea, put the pizza on parchment paper.  It'll slip right off your peel and then halfway through the cook, simply slide the parchment paper out from under the pizza.  Both work flawlessly and has saved me many times from eating calzone when I wanted pizza.

Here's to great pizza cooks!

Butt - to keep from making a calzone when you want pizza, put the pizza on a peel sprinkled with corn meal.  Alternatively, if you don't like the corn meal idea, put the pizza on parchment paper.  It'll slip right off your peel and then halfway through the cook, simply slide the parchment paper out from under the pizza.  Both work flawlessly and has saved me many times from eating calzone when I wanted pizza.

Here's to great pizza cooks!

yes, I know this now!!

Earlier in this thread I asked about parchment paper but no one responded so I abandoned that idea. Like I said I am getting a peel

My pizza set up is simple easy and given to me by hawgsfan.... its in a post on here http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/17716-akorn-pizza-1st-timer-questions/

thanks that's real interesting!

I looked for past threads, I don't know how I missed this one

I did see the screens at GFS, but I was not sure how to use it. Its cheap enough, I think they were $3. I am still going to pick up a peel

The peel will still make it easy even if you do the screen to take it on and off the grill. I love this but i warn you if you try it becareful it will burn the bottom of the pizza fast. The ones ive done with this set up have come out amazing. Even when the crust was a little too crispy the other diner in girl cafe shortym were quiet pleased.

The peel will still make it easy even if you do the screen to take it on and off the grill. I love this but i warn you if you try it becareful it will burn the bottom of the pizza fast. The ones ive done with this set up have come out amazing. Even when the crust was a little too crispy the other diner in girl cafe shortym were quiet pleased.

thanks

I am just going to use the same cook method as the pizza came out great. Just transferring it to the stone was a bit of a problem. The peel should solve that once I get the hang of it