Sign in to follow this  
just4fn

Crack in the top lid

I opened the box and took out my new grill. I noticed a crack on the inside of the top. I don't know too much about these type of grills. Is this just a surface crack or should I be worried? Here are some pictures

CIMG0058.jpg

CIMG0057-1.jpg

Thanks for the help!

It should looks like a crack to me, you should contact the manufacturer and show them the pic. Either you need to return it or get a new lid.

Norman.

Hello, just4fn:

You would probably want to e-mail this photo to help@visiongrills.com, with a short formal letter, voicing your concern. I understand that the Vision Classic is currently on back order right now with Vision, and there is a chance that they might not be able to get a new Vision Classic to you for some time. They have offered to ship, free of charge, a new Vision Pro to people who have warranty claims that warrant a new grill over a replacement part, due to cost of shipping. I'm not saying that Vision will deem this as a failure in the ceramic body, which is guaranteed for life, but I believe the argument might be made for such a case. Is there evidence of a crack on the front side as well? If it were me, I would make an effort to have Vision honor the warranty by sending you a new Classic or Pro. I would then apply a couple coatings of JB Weld, or furnace cement, over this crack. Apply one coating, let it dry, then sand it down and apply another coating, then lightly sand it down. Then, I would sell the other Vision for the best price I could get. Put that money aside, and if that crack should fail in the future, you got the money to replace it. Very difficult to tell if Vision will honor a warranty unless the crack gets worse. If they do not honor the warranty, I would definitely try to apply something on there to prevent the crack from spreading.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I have had my Vision for about 16 months, now, and a couple small cracks similar to that have developed on the bottom of my cooker. They do not appear to be spreading or getting worse,they don't go all the way through, and I have not put anything on them to prevent them from spreading. The top lid might be a bit more vulnerable, however, if you should slam your lid shut on accident, I could see the crack taking off on ya.

Thanks for all the tips. The crack does not go all the way through. I will call them on Tuesday after the holiday and see what they say. I don't want to fire it up yet until this is resolved. I have registered it for what its

worth. Thanks again!

I talked to support about the crack. They said if it doesn't go through then I should not worry about it. If it gets worse then they will send a new lid. No big deal. I will cook and see.

I think you'll be good. Just take it easy on the lid, don't bounce it around a lot.

I would still consider picking up a small tube of furnace cement from Home Depot, in their fireplace accessories section, and rub a bit of it into the crack. It couldn't hurt.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk