Grillchill

mine shattered like the Rolling Stones song

13 posts in this topic

Mine didn't last long. After 4 cooks total I rolled from my patio (slowly) to the garage and the bottom shattered. Anyone need parts?  I could part out everything. Im in lafayette, LA.  
I have everything but the bottom half, the ring and firebox which all shattered and/or broke.

It cooked great while it lasted...  Anyone have a bottom half let em know!!!!!

First off, so sorry for you trouble, that's a real bummer. Like Mewantkj  said, you need to check the warranty and not be so fast to sell or give it away. Bayou Classic should replace the case depending on the terms of the warranty. I would say call them and  send them  photos of the damage, and go from there. Again so sorry to hear of the demise of your Bayou Classic. Hope all turns out well. 

CeramicChef likes this

I would call and see what they do. Please let us know if they take care of you or not. I would hope they help you out here.

I had a very similar experience.  Did maybe 20 slow cooks over 5 years on my Bayou Classic (I was based overseas for much of that period).  A couple months past the 5 year warranty the piece of junk shattered when I took it up to 500F - I had a full circumference crack around the grill, and when I moved it about 12" in its rolling stand, it shattered and dropped the lid..  Barbour Intl, which owns Bayou Classic Cypress couldn't run fast enough to distance themselves from covering anything.  They refused to even consider they had any obligation whatsoever for a grill that failed after light use.  They also like to play a game and get you all confused as to the many internet sellers using the name Bayou Classic that they claim are not affiliated with Bayou Classic, expecting you to believe they would allow some unrelated company to use their name.  I feel I paid 75% of the cost of a BGE, and got a piece of junk - its like having a car for 5 years and 5,000 miles and the engine falls out and Ford/GM/Toyota pretends they have no obligation for your car with 5,000 miles and no engine.  Buy a legitimate kamado, like BGE or Primo, which are legitimate companies that stand behind their products.