TKOBBQ

2. Jack.

Jack.

3. AkornJoe

AkornJoe

• Similar Content

• By Pitman82
      Hello folks,

Not new to the smoking and grilling game but new to the Kamado. Set up my new Joe last night and had my first cook this morning for Mother’s Day breakfast.  

The subtle hint of wood and the unbelievable crispy ness of the pancake from the soap stone was something I had never experienced before.    The family agreed they were the best they ever had. 

Looking forward to many more cooks! 

• By philpom
      While it's cooler outside it's the best time to smoke a bunch of cheese.

Did mine a week ago, tested it today.  My best batch ever and I think my new favorite wood for cheddar is hickory.

This is extra sharp cheddar.  I crusted it with black pepper before vacuum sealing it.  Going to be fantastic after it rests a few months.  Last year I did extra sharp cheddar with pecan and crusted in chipotle.   Still have one of those sealed floating around.
    • By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Today I smoked with oak wood a roast rubbed with coffee rub and sliced thin for baguettes sandwiches from the baguettes I baked in the morning.  

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado People,
      I have been smoking for about 2 years now and I have never tried a pork roast style cook and beside whenever I have done pork roasts I have not got the crackling right and this is critical.
      So I decided to research a little and found heaps of methods out there, anyway I was stuck on three types 1. Continuous apply of vinegar, 2. Apply lots of salt to fat/skin, boiling water. All of these have the requirement of putting the pork into the kamado at a very hot temperature for around 30-40 mintues before dropping temperature to normal roasting temp of around 180/200°C.
      All of the above are required to have a dry roast, not fresh out of the plastic pack , best left overnight. At the last minute I decided to go with boiling water pouring over the fat and then right away into the hot kamado mine was at about 250/270°C range with one chunk of cheery, had no apple in the shed.
      Any how after 30min I closed the vents and the temp started to drop. Once at 180°C I left her there until internal reached 75°C and wow wow what a beauty. Moist and perfect crackling. Salt was needed to be added though.  

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado Peeps,
      Over the weekend I cooked up some pizza – cheese and veg cheese. I love the wood fire taste and the pizza is cooked just right in under 10min.
      I have not tried any backing yet but have done loads of baking on the webber. 
      Keep smoking