Stainless Chimney Caps

Sorta new here, I have a Vision Pro S and wonder if one of these chimney caps would work on it - any hunches?  O very much like the design and often grill in the rain.   It appears to be a perfect solution for precipitation.

Thanks!

Sorta new here, I have a Vision Pro S and wonder if one of these chimney caps would work on it - any hunches?  O very much like the design and often grill in the rain.   It appears to be a perfect solution for precipitation.

Thanks!

Answered my own question: NO.   The Vision 'neck' is 7 5/8" and the chimneys are +/- 6."

If Smokeware has one that fits your size grill ,BUY IT .Don't forget the new Flat cap to help put out your fire . It is all I have used on my Large Egg . What is a daisey wheel and what is it used for ??? LOL . Never use the ceramic cap anymore since I got the flat cap .

• 1 month later...

I'll be getting some cooks with mine really soon.

The supplied gasket material was THICK.    I noticed they self adhesive gasket material for kamado grills, too.  Very thick stuff.  I may have to give it a try in the future.

gQ8XjAY.png?1

It's going to take a cook to get dialed in on the particular settings for it.   Easy stuff, though.

It appears they make the caps for Kamado Joe, BGE and Primo.

Would look sharp on a black Primo.

• 4 weeks later...

They changed the design on the newer Smokeware vents so the vent tapers down gently in the left corner to improve low and slow performance. It never leaks smoke like the rotating cap design. It shuts down the Joe's much quicker than the flip disc vent design.

The only down fall I've found so far is the fact that you need to remove the cap with some lumps charcoals to get the Big Joe's past 600F. I'm thinking that's a issue with the KJ ash tray reducing air flow in the lower vent rather than a fault in the vent cap's design.