Wild Fires!

Kate

That was probably Bosceaux cooking more food.

In all seriousness, I had no idea there were wildfires reported up north. All the best to those around the area.

Bosco is in the East, so can't be him!  ;)

But yeah I have a few friends out west that are affected.  :(

This is the first year in as long as I can remember that we have not had fire restrictions (which keep me from using my egg) in my county, as we are getting quite a bit of rain. 23" and change last year and so far this year 13". Certainly understand the seriousness of wildfires. Even with our rain we could get a fire any day this time of year.  We tragically lost 19 hot shots in the Yarnel fire 2 years ago, just down the hill from me. The fire turned 180 degrees when the wind changed and was moving miles in just minutes. How in the world do you fight something like that! I will pray for all those in harms way.

All in the area of the fire be safe and have your emergency bag ready for any immediate evacuation that might happen. Important documents and photos are irreplaceable as are family members and heirlooms that came from your deceased relatives. Anything else can be replaced.

Keeper, be careful yourself also. Since you're getting so much more rain than normal the weeds in the desert are probably growing like weeds. When the rain does finally stop and you get back to normal of no to little rain there will be so much kindling that you'll have a real danger of widespread wildfires.

Yes Smoker, that is very true. Just a few drops of rain and dry dead grass starts to sprout. During the monsoon season the hills are green and filled with wavy grass. When fire restrictions allow, I  am out there with a weed whacker taking down the grass in 12. to 15' circles around the large bushes and trees. Ladder fuel under trees and bushes is really a problem. 

This one got interesting for me on Friday... It's only a couple miles from my house, and when I drove to get gas and to get food to grill at the Whole Foods in Laguna Niguel, there was quite a lot of visible smoke coming over some of the foothills between Laguna Niguel and the canyon. Reeked something fierce too.

Gladly they got it under control quickly.