Very interesting looking kamado and at 24" it's a big one. What is the price?

As long as it's a reputable company the lifetime warranty should do you right.

I saw one at Cabela's, It looked like a Vision knock off, the hinge was very wobbly and the Dome did not line up with the base, other than that the ceramics were thick and the grates were SS

Apparently Costco US is now selling these for $599...

Anyone want to speculate what this means for KJ road shows?

A couple of thoughts.

1. I've seen them at 4 different Costco's and they were $599.00 at all 4.

2. The handle was loose on all 4 of them. I'm unsure if this was just shoddy assembly but since it was the same on 4 it may be something wrong with the hardware / handle/ kamado. 

3. Last weekend I was at my local Costco and the Pit Boss was displayed towards the front of the store and the Kamado Joe Roadshow was happening towards the back. Seeing them almost side by side, there was a big difference in the build quality. The Big Joe was going for $1,199.00 and to me, it would've been the better value. (Plus it was RED! :))

JMHO

A couple of thoughts.

2. The handle was loose on all 4 of them. I'm unsure if this was just shoddy assembly but since it was the same on 4 it may be something wrong with the hardware / handle/ kamado.

3. Last weekend I was at my local Costco and the Pit Boss was displayed towards the front of the store and the Kamado Joe Roadshow was happening towards the back. Seeing them almost side by side, there was a big difference in the build quality. The Big Joe was going for $1,199.00 and to me, it would've been the better value. (Plus it was RED! :))

JMHO

I have not seen these at my local Costco. I guess it is not grilling season in Boston. Hahahaha

I have ZERO doubt the KJ is a better value, I was hoping Costco would become my goto source for KJ lump.

A couple of thoughts.

2. The handle was loose on all 4 of them. I'm unsure if this was just shoddy assembly but since it was the same on 4 it may be something wrong with the hardware / handle/ kamado. 

3. Last weekend I was at my local Costco and the Pit Boss was displayed towards the front of the store and the Kamado Joe Roadshow was happening towards the back. Seeing them almost side by side, there was a big difference in the build quality. The Big Joe was going for $1,199.00 and to me, it would've been the better value. (Plus it was RED! :))

JMHO

Glad to hear your opinion as an unbiased Primo owner... 

Hey guys, I picked one of these up a couple weeks ago. I really couldn't find any reviews out there for them and I stumbled on this site from this post and decided to make an account just to share my experience with mine. When I first picked mine up there was a guy at costco returning his second one and decided to take the floor model because of the cracks on the paint. This is normal, it even says it in the guide. This is my first kamado grill, I got it because of the great price from costco ($600) because well, their return policy is great. 

Anyways. So I've cooked on it quite a few times now. About the 3rd or 4th time using the grill I noticed the lid was feeling very weird. Then it wasn't closing right. Thankfully i was only making wings that night (if I were in the middle of smoking something I'd be very pissed) I noticed that the hinge was really loose. I busted out some tools and pretty much tightened every bolt on the thing including the bands that wrap around the whole unit. During this tweaking, opening and closing it over and over, I sheared one of the bolts in half from the hinge. Its a pretty big bolt but obviously low quality because there's no reason I should have been able to shear it off just by opening and closing the thing. I got a new bolt, everything is tightened down now and it works great. The seal is perfect again. I had been back to costco quite a few times since I got it and i always swing by the demo model they have there and the bolts are ALWAYS loose. 

Cons:

The hinge thing obviously. make sure all the bolts are tight and recheck them often.

Accessories. Compared to other models, this thing sucks for accessories. There's nothing. I've been looking at other Kamado style grills and am looking at different things to use for when I smoke. Right now I put a pizza stone on the lower rack and my meat on the top rack but really it should be able to have a heat deflector lower than my bottom rack.

Pros:

Works great!! What I've made has exceeded what I thought I could put out being a super noob at smoking. I'll put some links at the end of this.

Build quality. Other than the loose bolts, this thing is a tank. I think the box said the shipping weight is 280 pounds. The base you have to build yourself but its very, very strong. Instructions are clear, tools included.

Comes with a cover, pretty cool I guess. Folding side tables work just fine. 

Overall, despite the hinge being all jacked, I love love love this thing. At the price point you can't not want it. The big green egg in this size (24") is literally double the price. I've always wanted a Kamado style grill and I use it at least once a week now. Here's some picks of what I've smoked. 

My first go at smoking, ribs for the super bowl http://i.imgur.com/zc3fvCj.jpg

Pork loin http://i.imgur.com/iYvcCfa.jpg

13lb pork shoulder http://i.imgur.com/beKXMPx.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4xe2aLu.jpg

I want to do a review video because there is NOTHING out there for this thing

Not at my local Costco, yet, I checked for bbq grills today when I was there. They had a real nice kettle grill, I think it was called Masterbuilt, similar to a Weber Kettle, but possibly even sturdier, with a nest and side table, believe it was $79.

I was hesitant when I bought my Vision 5 years ago, about the hinge, as it was not as study as my small BGE, and I, too, had to go through it and tighten all the bolts. But 5 years later, it's still doing fine.

Regarding how stocking another brand of Kamado might affect KJ Roadshows, I really do not think it would have any bearing. The roadshows are fairly independent events, they are more or less renting table space.

I saw one in the Maui Costco and it looked just like a Vision. It even had the shock absorber. They had the lid tied up so I couldn't close it to see if it was sturdy and sealed. I was wondering if Vision had seen this grill and screamed foul.