My pops just bought 24" and we smoked salmon on it last night. Cooked great

Above average in build quality and only noticed a small air leak from top vent sides but once the gunk builds up that will go away

I have two Joes but if I were in the market and didn't want to drop Joe money, Pit boss would be the one

Hey guys, I picked one of these up a couple weeks ago. 

I just bought a 24" Pit boss at Costco for 599.00. 

Greetings to both of you.  I think you are the first and maybe only two owners of this grill here on the forum at this point.  I have a couple questions for you...

Do you think I should set up a separate section here for the Pitt Boss kamado?

Did both of you get grills that were poorly assembled? 

Do you believe that the assembly can be corrected satisfactorily without a lot of extra work?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hey guys, I picked one of these up a couple weeks ago. 

I just bought a 24" Pit boss at Costco for 599.00. 

Greetings to both of you.  I think you are the first and maybe only two owners of this grill here on the forum at this point.  I have a couple questions for you...

Do you think I should set up a separate section here for the Pitt Boss kamado?

Did both of you get grills that were poorly assembled? 

Do you believe that the assembly can be corrected satisfactorily without a lot of extra work?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Would love to hear if the Costco assembly is just poor and it's not the grill itself. I'll be watching this thread to find out.

Sniff...sniff....I can almost smell the smoke!

I am keenly waiting for these to appear at my local Costco in Canada.

Here's my tale. I snagged a Char-Griller Akorn for $200 Canadian, on clearance a few years ago. It was my first Kamado cooking experience and I fell in love. It is the best cooking device I have ever used.....pulled portk, smoked chicken, burgers, fish, wings, steak.......anything I cook on it is WONDERFUL.

The Akorn is a GREAT way for a newbie to get introduced to Kamado cooking and I adore it. But, sadly, the bottom ash pan has now rusted out (it does not like our Canadian Winters I guess). I know I can get a replacement from Char-griller........but......I am thinking,maybe it's time to upgrade to the real deal ceramic?

Now, I am on a pretty tight budget so BGE is out of the question. Even the Kamado Joe's are very dear ($1300 Canadian for the 18 inch). As far as less expensive models go (Louisiana Grill, Vision, Pit Boss) the vision gets GREAT reviews and customer service ratings. BUT you cannot buy the Vision Pro series in Canada this year (I emailed head office). Sigh.

So, when I found this thread, I called Pit Boss in Edmonton Alberta to find out where a fella can purchase one in Canada......"Well Costco will be carrying the 24 inch soon...." they said. 

I called Costco Canada and there is no ETA on when I'll see them in Ontario, Canada, but confirmation that they ARE coming (to a few select Costcos, not all) and it will be the 24 inch.

So, that is the information I can add. I can only guess on the Costco Canada pricing.......last year the 22 inch was $650......maybe $750 for the 24 inch this year? Maybe higher since our Canadian dollar is sagging badly against the US dollar right now.

That's all I can report. Now I must wait. Any updates on you lucky folks who can get them now is appreciated.

Cheers,

Put one together the other night with my neighbor, the grill itself is already put together inside the box. We just had to assemble the stand and attach the tables brackets to the band and marry the two. I definitely recommend going back and tighten everything else just in case, with it shipped assembled I'm sure things will loosen up here or there. First cook should be this weekend, we'll see how it does.  

They have one in my local Costco, Everything looks good. They had the grates all wire tied together so I really could not get down to the fire box and ring. The lid had a little side to side wiggle. Hinge? Fit and finish looks good.

Costco Canada now has 24 inch Pit boss on their website.

http://www.costco.ca/Pit-Boss-61-cm-(24-in.)-Ceramic-Charcoal-Barbecue.product.100278189.html

Since I sold my new Snap-on I will be picking up one of these.

Stopped by Costco and here's what I was told. Online price $1079. In store price $799. Main warehouse has 222 Kamados on order no dates for delivery as of today.

I have had one of these for a little over a month now. I am new to kamado grills so I have nothing to compare it to. I have cooked on it at least a dozen times now (there is a brisket smoking on it as I write this), and have had no real issues with it.  The handle to open it with was coming loose after each use the first couple of times but I just tightened the nuts and checked the rest of them and I have not had that problem since. The assembly was easy. I have found nothing loose on the pre-assembled hinges.

So far I am thrilled with the performance and versatility of this thing. As I stated I can't compare it to other kamado grills but I would have no problem recomending this one after a month in.

Looks like the Pit Boss needs to be added into the grill section.

Hi new to the forum.  I was looking for info on the Pit Boss from Costco and finally found it here.  Thanks!!  Just put it together today.  Looking forward to posting some updates for other Pit Boss Grillers.

Looks like the Pit Boss needs to be added into the grill section.

Hi new to the forum.  I was looking for info on the Pit Boss from Costco and finally found it here.  Thanks!!  Just put it together today.  Looking forward to posting some updates for other Pit Boss Grillers.

Are you seeing any issues with the design and build of your grill?  I'm just about ready to add a section to the site for this grill since we have several owners now.

Hello,

I'm brand new to BBQ and after owning a crappy Lowes Master Forge Charcoal Grill that has been rusting out after 3 years, I decided to pick one of these Pit Boss Grills up from Costco.  I haven't put it together yet except for the metal base, but I will let you know my thoughts on the quality when I do.  I have been looking into the Heat Deflectors for this grill and see that Pit Boss sells one directly for $59 plus $20 S&H.  I just wanted to let everyone know I believe I found the same one for the same price, but free S&H.

See this link:

http://www.appliancesconnection.com/louisiana-grills-60131-i685492.html

(Louisiana Grills and Pit Boss are the same manufacturer)

I'm not going to order one just yet until I put it together and test everything out for a week or so.

My main reason for buying this over anything else was the Costco's return policy of anything, anytime.  It gives me the comfort that even if it break in 2+ years, I can still return it.

Hello,

I'm brand new to BBQ and after owning a crappy Lowes Master Forge Charcoal Grill that has been rusting out after 3 years, I decided to pick one of these Pit Boss Grills up from Costco.  I haven't put it together yet except for the metal base, but I will let you know my thoughts on the quality when I do.  I have been looking into the Heat Deflectors for this grill and see that Pit Boss sells one directly for $59 plus $20 S&H.  I just wanted to let everyone know I believe I found the same one for the same price, but free S&H.

See this link:

http://www.appliancesconnection.com/louisiana-grills-60131-i685492.html

(Louisiana Grills and Pit Boss are the same manufacturer)

I'm not going to order one just yet until I put it together and test everything out for a week or so.

My main reason for buying this over anything else was the Costco's return policy of anything, anytime.  It gives me the comfort that even if it break in 2+ years, I can still return it.

I would highly recommend you ordering the deflector now instead of later. It really opens up a world of recipes that you can do on the kamado besides grilling