My igrill2 experience….

As I posted about month ago, I received an igrill2 thermometer for Father's day. This thing doesn't work--I walked away 20 feet, literally up the steps on my deck and connection was lost.  Come back down the steps, and it reconnects.  If I go inside, you can forget it.  I reset the device, and restarted my phone also.  So disappointed, I wanted this thing to work very badly because I could just carry my phone and have everything on one device.  I am using an iPhone by the way.  I'm sticking with the et-732.

I have one and use with my iPhone 6 plus, I can go inside my house, upstairs to other side and still be connected.

My only issue has been if the temp gets near 600 it says probe not connected until the temp falls.

I have pretty good connection thruout my house as well  only one room if it is behind a certain wall then it drifts in and out. 

@Pete  you should remove all  your probes if your cooking above 450 degrees otherwise it might get expensive

its a shame that they did not make the igrill wifi

As I posted about month ago, I received an igrill2 thermometer for Father's day. This thing doesn't work--I walked away 20 feet, literally up the steps on my deck and connection was lost.  Come back down the steps, and it reconnects.  If I go inside, you can forget it.  I reset the device, and restarted my phone also.  So disappointed, I wanted this thing to work very badly because I could just carry my phone and have everything on one device.  I am using an iPhone by the way.  I'm sticking with the et-732.

Since you have both an igrill and an et-732, do the igrill probes work with the Maverick?

Since you have both an igrill and an et-732, do the igrill probes work with the Maverick?

No, the probes are not inter-changeable. I tried the 732 probes on the igrill and the igrill would not recognize them, and vice versa. I was trying to avoid buying an ambient probe, but no luck. My only problem with the et-732 is the alarms are not audible but I can live with that more than I can live with the igrill2 disconnecting 15 feet away in clear line of sight. Hope this post helps someone else!

I too have an Igrill2 setup. It worked better on my Samsung Galaxy S4 than it does my Note 4. Its great when Im upstairs, but unless I sit by the windows in my basement I too suffer from lost connections. That being said it seems to work up to about 75 feet (don't know enough about blutooth to say if thats good or not) and I love the ability to track my cooks.

I know some people have called up and they've had good experience with customer service. Might try it?

My I grill mini is great what version of Bluetooth are you running and on what device

iPhone 5. No idea what Bluetooth version.
Will be 4.0 you can try Uninstaller the I grill app then go to general, settings , reset then reset all settings then install the app again and check for an update . I just did a quick Google search and it seems iPhone 5 is having a lot of problems with their Bluetooth some people have got replacement phones .I use a rooted android sgs3 running kit Kat the latest version

I'm kind of getting over all the remote therms...

5-6 years ago, when I first got heavily into smoking, I thought they were the bomb! When the iGrill was first abounded, i jumped on it with both feet. I've since been through numerous wireless remotes, bluetooth remotes, iGrills, iGrill minis... and so on. Can't tell you how many times I had an issue with an iGrill being flaky or other remote temp acting up, causing me to whip out the trusty handheld. Firth most part, low & slow smoking is a game of patience, and I've come to feel that the actual "feel" of the probe going in and out of the cook is more important than the numbers displayed. Also, I really like probing a couple pieces of he meat, for both softness and temp. 

In other words, I'm not really finding much use for the wireless remote therms, any more. They're not worth the hassle, and not as good as probing the meat in a few areas, while getting the feel of the cook. I guess the one exception is if I have several pits going at once, while I'm socializing with guests, and can use it as a bit of a reminder. YMMV.

• 2 months later...

I used an iGrill2 for the first time this weekend...I might return it.

Walking from my deck to the kitchen was no issue.  Walking just 1 room farther into the dining room and I lose connection.  Which was crazy, because I then walked the entire way up the stairs into the bedroom and I didn't lose connection!  But time after time I walked into the dining room and it lost connection.

I wasn't impressed with the alarm noises.  I don't know that it would ever even wake me up.  Maybe...I sort of want to try again to make sure.  But I bought this so I can actually sleep in my bed during overnight smokes, and I'm not sure I would be able to.

I found myself hating that the iPad would go to sleep while the iDevices app is running.  I was working on dialing in temp with my new TipTopTemp, and I wanted to just have it sitting there open.  I had to keep touching it so that it wouldn't go dark.  I'm used to my Maverick that is always displaying temps.  (Although I bought this because my Maverick transmitter broke, and I had to send it back for a replacement.  I needed to cook this weekend and I was always thinking about the iGrill2, so I jumped.)

I also wish there was a landscape option for the app.  I wanted it to just sit on the stand and show me the 2 temp probes, but it's sideways.  That's annoying.

I also hate that the 2 temp probes that I have from 2 other thermometers would not work.  The iGrill2 probes were reading around 70 degrees.  I plugged in the probe from my Maverick and it read 105 degrees.  I plugged in the probe from my indoor cheap thermometer and it read 35 degrees.  All sitting at the table in my house.  I don't understand how a probe would get such a different reading.  I'd love to buy another probe for the iGrill2 but they're $25!!!!!!    The 2 probes that came with it were within 2-4 degrees of each other, but it was surprising how often they jumped around.  

I wanted so much to like this.  I wanted to use the graphs to see the meat and grill temperature histories for smokes while I'm asleep.  I'm afraid I may have to return it for the range issue.  (And the annoyances of the other minor issues.)