Sign in to follow this  
rowdy53103

Bayou Classic Accessories

Hi,

I have read in another thread that Kamado Joe indirect and divide/conquer systems will work with the BC.  I have also been looking at what the Ceramic Grill Store sells and have gotten interested in the Woo or Adjustable Rig.  Does anyone know if any of the accessories that the Ceramic Grill Store offers will fit the BC?  Are their accessories for the large green egg close enough to size. Is anyone using them in their BC?

Thanks,

-Matt

Thanks Kara. I'm actually using my bayou for the first time tonight and when I put the butt on I forgot the chimney would open all the way. When I looked at my maverick and saw the temp shooting up I ran out and corrected it. I am cooking about 36 pounds of butt for the employees at my store for tomorrow. Running the bayou next to my old friend the keg.

Btw, I see you are now cooking on the joe. I would love it if you would be willing to offer comparisons between the bc and the joe. I kind of keep a lazy eye on joe prices.

Yow. That's a lot of dead pig. :) 

I'll be happy to write up some observations on the differences and the similarities. I'll say right off the bat is that the Joe goes a LOT higher in temp a lot faster than the BC. Mind you, i pegged the dome thermometer on my BC several times, so I have no complaints about it. But it took me a little bit to learn to regular temps in the Joe - I would walk away for 15-20 mins and be at 600 before I knew it, then would have to struggle to bring it back down. I still forget that I can get it that hot that fast sometimes. 

I'll put together a post this weekend. 

Hogs fear me. I had that happen with my keg a couple times where the temp got away from me. Can't wait till this weekend to hear your comparison. Lord help me, if you sell me on a joe how on earth am I going to explain to the wife a third kamado..

Hogs fear me. I had that happen with my keg a couple times where the temp got away from me. Can't wait till this weekend to hear your comparison. Lord help me, if you sell me on a joe how on earth am I going to explain to the wife a third kamado..

Well, based on your avatar photo you appear to have mastered and overcome gravity... So a story for the wife while admittedly difficult to create a believable one, should be easy for you. LoL